❀ one ❀

❀ ❀

❀ ❀

When Chanel announced she was going to college, Soli couldn't help but not to feel like a huge weight was lifted off her shoulders. She made one of those college acceptance videos, and uploaded it onto her Youtube channel. All of their family members, some of which they haven't seen since their mom died, were in the background cheering her on as she opens the email. And where was Soli? Front and center, faking a smile and laughter. Yikes.

Chanel would claim how she never noticed people marveling at her or how guys flirted with her with the intention of getting into her panties. Soli, of course, thought otherwise, and what confirmed that suspicion was her attending the college thirty minutes from the suburbs we all live in.

Anyways, according to Soli, I managed to make her life much better just by becoming her best friend at the beginning of freshman year at East Highland. When I overdosed and landed in rehab over the summer, Soli was there in any way she could. She'd call, write, and they allowed her to visit me once or twice. She even would keep Gia company on some days. Little did I know, Soli was on a self destructive path herself, getting involved with that shitbag Nate Jacobs and making the summer before junior year one for the fucking books.

Of course, Nate was kinda charming at first, and then he quickly turned into an insane weirdo. Strangely enough, Soli fell in love with him, but won't, or can't, even admit that to herself. Thus, beginning this nutty saga. So sit back, relax, take a shot, smoke a blunt, whatever. Just make sure you strap in, because it's gonna be a wild ass ride.

[❀ ❀ ❀ ❀]

Soli took a sip of the fruity and blue-colored Hypnotiq liquor that was poured into her solo cup by her sister, Chanel. It was the last party of the summer, and Chanel wanted to say goodbye to the rest of her friends that were still in high school. Maddy, Cassie, et cetera. Chanel knew and was loved by them all. She was the center of attention, always, and it made sense why girls like Maddy and Cassie wanted to be around her.

"Soli," Rue shouts from beside her, nudging her with her elbow. She's obviously intoxicated, way more intoxicated than her friend, and is forgetting about everything she learned this summer, and Soli honestly feels terrible about it. She had been there the entire time Rue was in rehab. Writing her letters, calling the facility phone to let Rue know she'd always be there for her. They even allowed her to visit once or twice. She brushes the hair away from her face, wobbly holding up her hand to her friend, revealing a small, pink pill in between her thumb and pointer finger.

"Ecstasy. Molly. MDMA," Rue's eyes tilt upward, and for second, Soli thought she was going to pass out. Instead, she giggles and bites her bottom lip, grabbing Soli's hand to spread her fingers and to place the pill in the middle of her palm. Soli glances down at the pill Rue placed in her palm. Flipping it around, she notices a smiley face is carved into the pill.