❀ four ❀

❀ ❀

❀ ❀

The remainder of first week of school went by quick, and when Friday came around, students were eager to get out before the last class even started.

When the bell rung, signaling the end of the school day and the beginning of the weekend, students tried their best to quickly file out of the building. It wasn't long until Adrian caught up with Soli as she was walking to her car.

"Got anything planned for tonight?" He asks when he reaches her, leaning against the side of the car.

"Not at all. There's a party tomorrow at McKay's that I might go to, but other than that I'll probably chill this weekend." She responds, taking her backpack off her shoulders and unlocking the car in order to toss it into the backseat.

"Oh. I'm asking because I just got shrooms, and was wondering if you wanted to take them with me tonight," he smiles, sort of lopsidedly, like he was bracing himself for her to say no.

"Sure, I'm down. What time?" Soli had never tried shrooms before, but she wasn't nervous. If anything, she was curious to find out how her trip would be.

"I gotta handle some business first, and you gotta eat before trying shrooms. So I'll text you and I can pick you up too," he offered, Soli smiling at his suggestion. Part of her wondered what business he had to take care of, but she quickly pushed that to the back of her mind.

"Perfect. Thank you," she responds, and he taps the top of her car before backing away and turning on his heel, disappearing into the small sea of cars.

"What'd he want?" Rue asks, walking up on Soli just before she got in the car.

"We're doing shrooms tonight. You wanna come?"

"I would, but I think I'll go to Fez's where I won't be a third wheel," Rue sighs in fake sadness as they get into the car, Soli scoffing at her friend, turning on the car.

"You know you'll always be my first, dearest Rue," Soli gushes, playfully making kissing noises before the two best friends burst into laughter.

»

"Have fun fucking!" Rue shouts as she hops out of the car, blowing a kiss after Soli puts up both of her middle fingers. She drives off towards her house when Rue disappears behind her front door.

The smell of Alfredo sauce floods Soli's nose as she enters her home, her stomach grumbling as she stands in the archway, her dad seasoning the pieces of chicken and shrimp.