❀ three ❀

❀ ❀

❀ ❀

Soli was only 15 when she had first met Nate at a football game after party. She went with Chanel and stuck by her for almost whole night. I wasn't there, thankfully, but Soli gushed about it the morning after, which made me sick. She told me she had met this guy. Tall, dark hair, brown eyes. Apparently, they both reached for a cup at the same time while trying to get liquor. Coincidence? Nah, I don't think so.

Anyway, she didn't even know he went to East Highland until she saw him in the hallway for the first time. Maybe all the other times she didn't see him was just her not paying attention. Nate was on her radar now. And she was on his. Every time she would look at him, he'd pretend he didn't notice. It was only when she looked away that Nate would just stare at her. Like a fucking creep, I should add. He watched every thing she did. How she would lean forward in her seat when she was really into a conversation with me. How she had the bad habit of chewing her nails or shaking her leg when she was anxious or nervous. Even how she would dress on certain days of the week. Nate didn't just observe her, he was learning about her.

Eventually, he started to want her. And when Nate wants something, he never gives up. So yeah, he got her, and then left her to care for herself whenever he hurt her feelings. What a fucking douchebag.

[❀ ❀ ❀ ❀]

"Solana. Get up, honey," her father's voice echoed in her ear, easing her out of her sleep.

She groans sleepily, rolling over onto her stomach just as her father opens the curtains in her room, causing the room to explode with sunlight. She rolls onto her back again, making eye contact with her father, a small smile etched on his face.

"First day of school. Don't wanna be late." He pats her leg before exiting her room, closing the door behind him. Her eyes rest on the door before peeling the covers off of her body. Before she's able to make her way into the bathroom, her phone buzzes as a signal of a new notification, which is a text from Rue.

RUE:
picking me up for school? ;)

duh...see u in 45. <3

The edges of her lips curl up in a slight smile before placing her phone back onto the nightstand, grabbing a towel, heading to the bathroom that joins her and Chanel's room. A small part of her misses how she and her sister used to fight over the bathroom, but the feeling subsides as she strips and steps into the shower.

Once she's done and is out the shower, she begins picking out outfit options for the day. After getting dressed with the outfit she decides on, she starts doing her hair. As she stares at herself in the mirror, Chanel's words of comparison of her and their mother echoes in her mind. Some days it feels as if her death was just yesterday. She closes her eyes for a moment, pushing her thoughts away. A few minutes pass and she resumes her routine, slipping on her shoes once she's done. After placing all her necessary books in her backpack, she slings one strap over her shoulder, grabbing her phone and car keys, and exiting her room.