❀ six ❀

❀ ❀

❀ ❀

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but at his old school, Adrian Hearst a bit of a whore. It might be hard to believe now, but he had a new girl every month. At one point, it got to the point where his football teammates wanted him to hold a "seminar" in the boy's locker room on how to get more like him. Grimy was his middle name. And then his parents decided to move across the country because of his dad's job. But a little part of him rejoiced. Finally, a chance for him to start anew. He went from a pussy fiend to a...much different kind of guy. Make sense?

Cut to when he first saw Soli smoking on her roof. He was interested, and by the looks of it, so was she. He could drown in pussy at East Highland if he wanted, but he only wanted to drown in Soli's. Wait, the fuck? Did I just say that? If he could get her to see how bad Nate was for her, only then would she pay attention to him that way. He just didn't know she already knew.

[❀ ❀ ❀ ❀]

Soli could tell when football season started to begin because a lot of people made it a game to figure out who was new on the team. Freshman girls would sit at their lunch table, huddled close together to whisper and giggle amongst themselves when someone with an athletic build would saunter past. With football season came football parties, which most students found hard to miss.

When Adrian told Soli he moved here just in time for football tryouts in August, it came at no surprise to her. He looked like he could fit almost every description of a football player, especially: muscular, agile, athletic, and sturdy.

He went on to tell her that he made the team, and that today was the start of practices. He invited her to watch, but she was somewhat worried about how Nate would react. She mentally cursed for being worried, reminding herself that she shouldn't care how Nate feels. He had been staying away from her since McKay's party, and has since gotten back together with Maddy who continues to give Soli nasty looks as an attempted form of intimidation. Nate on the other hand, has become a master at avoiding eye contact as they passed each other in the halls or the parking lot. As the star, senior quarterback, she was sure Nate was going to help spearheading these practices, along with the captains and the coaches.

"Do you think Nate recognized you at McKay's party?" Soli blurts out to Adrian at lunch, causing Jules and Rue, who have been hanging out more often since the party, to look up and exchange quick glances. Even though it's only been a couple weeks, Soli suspects Rue has a blossoming crush on the girl.

"No, but if he did, that might explain why he was glaring at me," he starts, shrugging before continuing. "Either way, I don't give a fuck. I'm on the team now and he's gonna have to deal with it."

But she knew how Nate dealt with things, and was pretty sure Adrian wouldn't like it when he finally does.

»