❀ five ❀

❀ ❀

❀ ❀

Soli hadn't seen Adrian at all the next day, but he did say he would take her, and Rue, to McKay's party. While she was getting ready for the party, she heard the rumble of Adrian's car outside of her house as he pulled into his driveway, and the slam of his car door as he exited.

After showering, she dresses herself in a black bra underneath a silver chained-rhinestone crop top, a fitted pair of ripped, light blue jeans, and 3.5 inch clear-heeled sandals. Deciding to do a full face of make-up, she sits at her desk, beginning to fill in her eyebrows, applying foundation and concealer, and spraying on setting mist before gluing on eyelashes. She also applies her favorite liquid highlighter on her cheekbones, inner eyes, and her chin. She opts for clear lip gloss this time, making sure the application is even.

By the time she places the strap of a black wristlet around her wrist, Adrian's car rumbles to life, and she makes her way down the steps, briefly saying goodbye to her father, before exiting the house and getting into Adrian's car.

"You look amazing," Adrian grins, glancing over at her as he accelerates the car towards Rue's house, using the address Soli texted him a few hours earlier.

"Why thank you," she smiles, and he turns up the music, the bass of the music sending vibrations through their bodies.

Rue is waiting at the door as Adrian pulls up in front of her house, and she makes her way to the car to open the back door and sit in the passenger seat.

"I see we've went full on bad bitch tonight," Rue says, beaming, complimenting her best friend. Adrian verbally agrees as Soli models in her seat for the both of them.

»

When Adrian turns onto McKay's street, multiple cars line both sides the street, and Adrian sighs in relief as he finds an empty space at the very end of the street.

While getting out the car, Soli notices she's gaining the attention of others as the three friends make their way to the front door, where the rap music can be heard clearly. As the door opens, everyone outside floods into the house, and the person at the door shuts it behind the last person, which happens to be Rue, who goes off to speak to Fezco after mentioning to Soli that she'll be back.

"Wanna get something to drink?" Adrian leans down to her level, asking her in her ear so she can hear him over the music. She nods, follows him to the kitchen, where numerous people are congregating. Some girls are one cup away from alcohol poisoning, stumbling as they walk in and out of the kitchen for more alcohol. Adrian grabs two red solo cups and hands one to Soli to hold while he fills his, and then reaches for hers to fill it up. The mixed alcoholic juice is red, but the scent of alcohol is very strong. She takes a sip of it, and although the initial taste is sweet like fruit punch, the aftertaste mimics what she would taste if she had just took a shot of straight liquor.