Ch.7- Let's figure it out

Angie's p.o.v

"Wow." I had just finished filling Sara in on my boy drama, and she was left speechless. "That's insane. I'm honestly kinda jealous, they're both majorly hot." She laughed as I punched her on the shoulder slightly harder than I probably should've.

"Saraaaa." I groaned out her name trying to get her to be serious.

"Okay, okay. Do you want me to be completely honest with you and tell you what I'd do?" I nodded my affirmation. "So my take on this is that Fangs is a really sweet, safe guy. You know he'll treat you right, and you're best friends so you know what you're getting into. On the other hand, Sweet pea is practically forbidden. He's not safe at all, and you don't remember it, but I have a feeling he wrecked you. He just looks like that kind of guy. But none of that matters."

"Why not?" I asked not understanding what she was getting at. It sounded like she wanted me to go for Fangs, but at the same time it sounded like she wanted me to take a risk and go for Sweets.

"Because judging from what you just told me, you're head over heels for Sweet pea. Just the fact you feel more in a forced kiss from him than a real kiss from Fangs is a tell-tale sign. You can never be as happy with Fangs as you would be with Sweet pea if you're still caught up on the latter. I think you need to talk to them both separately, and then together and figure it all out. Because it's just not fair to Fangs for you to string him along when you love someone else." She finished and I slowly nodded along taking in her words.

"Woah, wait, hold the phone. Love? Who said anything about love?"

"I did. Face it girlfriend, the way you talk about him makes it plain as day." With that she walked onto the dance floor of the bar we were at, dancing with a stranger. After the fiasco with Sweet pea, we had went in and finished the dinner as if nothing had happened. It was no more awkward than it had been before, and as soon as we were finished eating Fangs and I hightailed it out of there. Loser paid for dinner so we were out in record time.

I felt horrible not telling Fangs about the kiss, but what was I supposed to say? I have no idea how to go about this with him. It'll make him feel like I used him just like he was scared of. I groaned and hit my head on the table repeatedly hoping to forget all this.

"Now what did that table ever do to you?"

"What're you doing here?" I asked smiling at the redhead I hadn't seen in a while. Me and Archie had begun hanging out again over the past couple weeks. He had come up to me one day when he was there to visit Jughead and apologized, saying everything that was going on had put things in perspective for him and he realized he had been a jerk to me. I forgave him, and we had went to Pop's several times together. He knew I didn't like Veronica so he never invited her, which I was thankful for.

"Having fun while I can I guess. Jughead invited Betty to get her away from my case for a bit, and she invited me. I almost declined, but knew I didn't have anything better to do." He shrugged while I nodded understanding completely.

"Well Red, it's you're night, and I'm at your mercy, what would you like to do?" I smiled cheekily at him causing him to laugh.

"Anything I want?"

"Absolutely!" I might regret this later but right now, I was just glad to cheer my friend up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four hours, three Pop's milkshakes, and too many drinks to count later, me and Archie found ourselves sitting on the bank of Sweetwater River where Jason had been found what felt like forever ago. We were talking and laughing, genuinely having a good time when we both got really quiet all of a sudden.