009.

𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞

the only reason maddy took tyler to the party was to get under nates skin but when she saw nate dancing with desi, she realized that he really doesn't give a fuck.

her skin started to boil as she watched nate drag desi upstairs.

"if he wants to play this game then let's play." she thought while a big smirk spread across her face.

" she thought while a big smirk spread across her face

𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚

i started blushing as soon as nate drove into the drive in movie theater.

everything was okay when i first texted him. we started to get to know each other but when he found out i never been to a drive in movie theater..he immediately picked me up and took me.

the whole car ride there consisted of me trying to convince myself that this is not a date but.. nate is definitely making me think other wise..

he parked his truck in a spot where we can perfectly see the screen which made me start to get a little nervous.

we got out and hopped in the back where there was more room to relax and enjoy the movie.

i paid attention to the movie trailers that were playing on the screen while opening my candy not noticing that nate was watching my every move.

"sooo..." i turned my head towards him, realizing his face looked a little red.

"do you live at that house i picked you up from?"

"uuuhhh i do now with my aunt and uncle..why do i ask?" i have no control of my facial expression so i didn't even know i had a disgusted look on my face.

"oh nothing it's just..it's a small town and i never seen you around before.." he looked very suspicious in that moment but i tried to shrug it off.

"well you don't look like the type who likes mexican food in general so that's probably why you haven't seen me before..plus me being homeschooled for years, im kinda new to town i guess."

"waaiiitttt what kinda type do you think i am?" i laughed at his question, twisting my lips to the side.

"hmm..i honestly think you're the jock whose probably on the football team,has the perfect girlfriend, the best of friends and everyone thinks you're so perfect and wishes to be like you when in reality, you're actually hurting inside but you're never going to admit it because you don't want people think you're weak." i was about to laugh, still thinking we were joking until i realized his face had gone blank.

i think i just fucked up this entire night..

"but those characters are only in the movies or tv shows so luckily you're in the clear." i awkwardly smiled as he weirdly laughed then focused on the movie.

great.

when the movie was done, i immediately threw away my trash then got in the truck.

i wasn't mad at him.. i was mad at myself because if i thought this was a date then, it definitely wasn't now..

i mean technically it wasn't my fault because i was just stating the basic jock stereotype ive seen in the teenage romance movies i watch.

maybe it's his fault for getting mad at the truth.

in no time, we pulled up infront of my house in silence as i unbuckled my seat belt before turning towards his direction.

"umm well thanks for this..occasion." he didn't say anything back so i turned to get out but he grabbed my hand.

"you know desi.. a lot of stereotypes describe some of the people in this town. for instance, there's a stereotype about a girl- or boy going into a new school and experience new things that he or she never had the chance to do. and as days pass, that person starts to change. negatively or positively but they start to change from the experiences that they were blocked off from as a child. in the end, the whole shit just blows up in their faces." he bluntly said to me, looking me dead in my eyes, acting like he was reading me like a fucking book.

what was once a silly joke that he started, has now turned into him assuming shit when he doesn't know shit and if anything i deserve to do things, experience things, and change myself because i never had control of those things.. until now.

and since i have to care for my little sister now..if i want to drink. ill drink. if i want to smoke. ill smoke.

and if i change then fuck it because being the same person everyday is fucking boring and thanks to nate.. he finally made me realize that.

"so my question for you desi is, are you going to be that person?" i bit the inside of my mouth, trying to contain my anger when something clicked inside my head.

the pieces of the puzzle finally started to come together as i smirked.

"you know what nate. i honestly don't know. how about you watch and find out. oh and next time you try to get to know someone, how about you first tell them that your ex is their cousin." my accent rolled off my tongue as i got out the truck and walked up the driveway to my house.

it's ironic. him having the nerve to basically say that i was going to change in a negative way but in reality, the only thing that has changed is my feelings towards him..