011.

𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚

i walked into the cafeteria with ci hot on my tail as she just got done showing me around the school.

i tried to tell her it was okay but she insisted. she walked me to my classes and showed me the gym & cafeteria. when her friends came up to us, she introduced me as her new bestfriend and im not gonna lie..i liked it.

i was happy i had friends to do stuff with. my first day was surprisingly going good..until me and ci sat at a lunch table together.

"umm ci?"

"yeah?" she was too busy eating her chicken burrito to notice half of the lunchroom was staring at us.

"why is everyone staring at us?" when she finally acknowledged it, all she did was shrug.

"pussys aint got nothing better to do. dont even pay them no mind bestfriend." she went back to eat her burrito.

i looked up to see if they were still staring and my eyes instantly met with nates, who sat across the lunchroom at a table with maddy on his lap.

don't look mad. don't even let him get that satisfaction.

" i see you made a friend desi!" cassie sat across from us.

"friend? im her bestfriend!"

"nah i met her first. i helped her when she was drunk. what you got?" ci smacked her lips at cassies comment.

" i helped her around the school and navigated her ass here. i win." they started arguing as i kept laughing at their comebacks to each other.

i had a big smile on my face during the rest of the day at school... until i remembered i was going to visit my parents before they got deported back to mexico...

we sat there in silence , feeling the cold metal against my skin as me and manny sat there, looking at our parents.

it was already awkward from the clothes we were wearing. not to mention, the officers telling us that we weren't allowed to hug or touch our parents and we only had an limited time to speak..

papi decided to take three minutes of the time, judging our outfits.

"soo hijas, hows living with your aunt and uncle?"

"great mamá! im getting my own room today!" manny smiled, about to grab mamás hand but pulled away, remembering the rules.

"that's great hija-"

"hows homeschooling going? you both keeping up on your studies?" me and manny exchanged looks as we already knew, we had to lie..

"yes papi." we said in unison, hoping he doesn't see through our lies.

mamá cleared her throat, trying to stop herself from getting emotional before speaking, " we just want you both to know that we love you and once we get to Mexico, we're gonna find a way to contact you and that you don't have to worry about us because we're going to be fine. isn't that right mi amor?" she looked at papi as i could tell in her voice that she was unsure.

"that's right. we are going to be fine. we're gonna get jobs and save up our money to buy a house for all of us so don't worry-"

"alright! times up!" an officer announced as manny immediately broke down in tears

mamá tried to grab our hands but was retrained from doing so by an officer putting her hands behind her back.

"be strong for your sister!" papi yelled out to me, tears clouding my vision as an officer held manny back.

"i love you.." i mouthed to them, watching them get pulled away once again by two officers.

i turned my attention to manny, rage taking control of my body.

"get off! haven't you assholes done enough?!" i yelled, taking the officers arms from around mannys waist as she immediately collapsed against my chest.

"they're gone!" she wailed against my chest ,her cries echoed throughout the room.

i refused to let my tears fall as i kept repeated papis words back to me..

be strong for your sister...