Chapter 30

"KARAOKE NIGHT EVERYONE! TONIGHT IS GONNA BE FUN! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE TO THE SINGERS AND THE PLAYERS WHO WILL BE HELPING OUT. IT'S ALL FOR A GOOD CAUSE, FOR ONE OF THE GOOD CHARITIES. NOW LET THE SINGING BEGIN! HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!"
"This is a good turn out!" Mary screamed.
"Yeah..." I said not confident.
"Don't worry, we'll be fine! It's going to be fun!! And if we do suck, no one is going to remember because we're all gonna be drunk by the end of this!" Mary giggled.
We all walked over to a table that would fit all seven of us and was close to the stage.
Phillip was the only one that hadn't showed up yet...
Derek, Chad, and Wade went to get everyone drinks.
"When are we going up?" I asked.
"Once more people come; we'll go up and take over the world!" Mary squealed.
"More than this? There are so many people here already." I said.
"Shhh, I love this song!" Mary said. She went over to Derek; he left his drinks and went and danced with Mars. This is going to be on crazy night.
"Why do you seem so nervous?" Danny asked.
"I'm not nervous."
"You look like your eyes are about to pop out of your head."
"Okay, I'm a little nervous. I've never sang in front of anyone. It was always just acting." I said
"Just pretend you're acting like someone who can sing and play the guitar."
"That's what I said." I turn around and Phillip's standing behind me with three bottles of what looked like beers. He smiled and sat down. He slid the beers down to us.
"I know, I know. I know it's for a good cause and I shouldn't care. But I never sang ever, in front of anyone. It was always me alone."
"You used to sing to me, in my car. You used to sing songs by Fun., The Vampire Weekend." Phillip said.
"Yeah, but-"
"No buts, you got this! I know you got this! Now go get Mary and go up there and sing your heart out!" Danny said. Phillip pushed me out of my seat and Danny gave me a little push. I tumbled into Wade and he dropped his drinks onto the floor.
"I'm so sorry Wade." I said smiling.
"It's fine, what's up?"
"I guess I'm going to go sing now..." I smiled. He gave me a kiss on the cheek, "I know you can do this."
We were walking back to the table, Wade and Phillip looked at each other for a second.
"I know. But just in case I chicken out..." I walked over to the table and took my beer and chugged as much as possible. Phillip and Danny both shouted, "WOOOO!" I smiled and walked to Mary.
**
We finished singing the first two songs, Here's 2 Us and Ours when we left the stage to have a little break.
"You guys were amazing!" Derek, Phillip, Chad, Danny, and Wade all said.
"Those high pitches Mars-"
"and the mini rap parts in the first song Stef-"
"You guys were amazing!!" Derek kissed Mars on the cheek, and Wade kissed me like no tomorrow.
"You really know how to play the guitar, Stef, I loved both songs!" Danny said after.
"Ours was seriously a sweet song, and listening to you two girls sing it, was really amazing! Guys were all going crazy!" Chad said
"Well they better back off!" Derek and Wade said hugging me and Mars. Danny, Chad, and Phillip came into the hug too.
"Guys! We got like three more songs left!" Mars said.
"WOOOO! We can't wait, go back up there!" Danny said before drinking his beer. Wade went to get me a drink before I go back up there and so did Derek, for Mars.
"Stef?" Phillip said walking towards me, "You didn't ask Mars about Ever Enough?" He asked.
"Oh, I totally forgot. It's been a pretty crazy few days since we talked. I'll ask her now, I guess?" I smiled. He pushed me towards her.
"Hey Mars, I was think if maybe we could sing another song. Maybe after Begin Again."
"What song?"
"Ever Enough by A Rocket To The Moon?"
"I don't know it, but if you really wanna sing it, sure go ahead!"
"I wanna sing it with you. Harmonize with me, you may not know all the lyrics, but you definitely heard it."
"I'm in! It's a deal! It's your time to shine!!" Mars said before taking a shot glass. She laughed and handed me one, "Hurry up, before we go back up!" I took it, but drank a beer instead.
**
"Hey everyone! Thanks for coming out and singing along with myself and Mary and along with the other singers that came up here tonight! Mary was nice enough to let me have this little time now, to sing a song that I really, really love. I hope you guys like it! It's by this amazing band, A Rocket to the Moon." I said laughing. I started strumming on my guitar, when Phllip caught my attention. He mouthed, 'song title!'
I giggled, "Oops. It's called Ever Enough.. by A Rocket to the Moon... okay. I'm going to start now."
And as I was singing my big little heart out, and strumming away on my guitar, I couldn't help but smile. Everyone calmed down for a while. Everyone was listening and swaying, and singing softly along. Some knew this song, some didn't. But they were quiet and they were listening to me sing. They weren't bored, they weren't booing me off the stage. They liked it and they were quiet and listening to me sing my heart out.
There was something about this song, that I loved so much about. It was the lyrics. The lyrics, the whole song of its self was so good, and it made me speechless whenever I heard it. It talks about how the guy is going to be there for the girl, and will always be faithful to her. He will love her through all the tough times and will support her. He asks if its ever enough. He loves her... And I love how this whole song is telling a story about that.
Throughout this whole song, I didn't realize it, until I was at the end of the song, at the bridge that I realized that I was staring at Phillip the entire time. It felt like I was singing it to him. I felt like my whole mind and body was singing this song to him, for him. I felt like my mind made everyone else that was in this room disappear while I was singing to the only other person in this room; Phillip.
Once I realized I was staring at him, I looked down and looked back up and looked at Wade. He was smiling and so happy for me. And then he started cheering for me - everyone started cheering; I finished the song.
Everyone was cheering and clapping and whistling and shouting, and I was smiling, "Thank you." I said as my voice cracked a little bit. Mars ran over to me and hugged the living crap out of me. And Danny, Wade, Phillip, Derek, and Chad all came up to give me a hug too.
**
After Mars and I finished our last song Carry on, which was a little after I sang Ever Enough, we all came together at the table, drinking beer and talking.
"I think you guys got a standing ovation after singing Carry on!" Danny shouted.
"I think you guys got a standing ovation after singing all the songs!" Chad shouted.
"You guys were incredible tonight!" Phillip shouted.
"The songs were all a great hit!" Derek shouted.
"You guys took the house down!" Wade shouted.
"A toast, to the lovely and talent girls, we know and love." Phillip shouted as he raised his beer bottle. We all raised our beers and hit our glasses together, "To the talented girls!"
We stayed a little longer, listening to other people sing and we all danced along to the songs the DJ played whenever there were breaks.
We didn't want to leave this place - I didn't want to leave this place. It's the most happy I've been in a long while. I definitely needed this. And a part of me didn't want to go back home and become depressed again.
We all decided to go to the bathroom before we went back to Danny's dorm, which is the closest place from where we were.
"Hey, you guys were great." Phillip said as he slid his way to me as he came out of the bathroom. I was sitting at the bar and I giggled, "Thanks."
"No, seriously. Ever Enough was amazing. I could tell you loved that song, and it really meant a lot to you... it meant a lot to me too."
"Yeah, it meant a lot to me too..."
"Stef..." He said slowly.
"Yeah, Phil-"
"No, don't say my name like that.."
"What are you talking about? How else can I say your name..? Phillllip." I said in a British accent.
We both burst out laughing.
"That was such a crappy British accent." He said.
"No it's not; better than your British accent."
"You never heard my British accent..."
"Well?"
"Well what?"
"Let me hear it." I slurred.
"No you're not."
"Oh come on, why not!?" I whined.
"Just cause." He said.
"You're not nice."
"I'm the nicest guy out there." He said giggling after.
"You are." I said, "You were the good that I let go... I made the dumbest mistake, letting you go, leaving you like that. You're better off without me; you don't want a girl that does that to you. You'll find the right girl for you... She's out there." I started crying a little bit, but then started giggling. I'm so drunk.
"I did find the right girl, and I'm sitting right next to her." Phillip said. He placed his hand on my thigh and ran his hand down my leg. I shivered and giggled at his touch. He got up to pull his stool closer to mine and pulled my face close to his, "You were the best thing that ever happened in my life. I don't care how much you hurt me, or how many more times you hurt me. I don't care how long you and Wade are together. I don't care how many times Wade tries and kisses you in front of me, to try and get me to be jealous. You and I had a connection when you were singing Ever Enough up there tonight. And I know you felt it too... This is probably the drunk part of me saying all this right now, but I know I won't remember this and neither will you. That's why I'm telling you all this."
"I miss the way you talked to me. I miss the way we used to talk to each other. I miss us." I said.
"I do too."
"But... I love Wade." I said slowly.
"I know."
"Phillip?" I slowly said.
"Yeah, Stef."
"We're not going to remember any of this tomorrow right?"
"I'm pretty sure. We're pretty drunk."
"Good."
"Why?"
"Cause, I'm going to ask you do to something, and I don't want to remember this. Because I don't want to lie to Wade."
"What is it Stef."
"Kiss me, Phillip." And in a split second, his lips crash into mine. And everything - every muscle in my body, everything, felt like it was exploding. I felt my heartbeat beating a mile a minute throughout every part of me. I remembered how good it felt kissing Phillip. I remembered how good it felt being with just Phillip. I remembered how much fun we had, how sweet he was, how when we kissed, my mind would go blank, and I felt like I had nothing to worry about, like I was safe, I felt like I was me, I felt like I... I don't know, I just felt good.
I felt like I was in this different world. I was happy with the man I loved...
But I love Wade.
That's when I pulled away, "I'm sorry Phillip. I need to leave." I said. My lip was bleeding because he bit my lip when I was pulling away. I started to walk through the crowd of people dancing when he pulled my arm.
"Stef, I'm sorry-"
"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have told you to kiss me. I love Wade. It's going to be him. I'm sorry. I don't like it when I hurt you. And you seem totally fine with it. I don't like it Phillip. And I need to stop. I love Wade - Wade.. It's him that I love. I'm so sorry Phillip. Hopefully we won't remember any of this tomorrow, because I really don't want to remember this... I'm just so sorry. Please, I need to leave. We all need to get out of here." I said.
I walked over to the table where everyone else all came back to after the bathroom break.
"We all good?" Danny asked. We all nodded. Phillip walked besides Danny and nodded.
We all walked outside and Danny and Chad started whistling for some cabs.
"Ace, what happened to your lip?" Wade asked. I licked my lips and tasted blood, "Nothing, I must have been partying to hard and hit myself somehow. You know how I am, very clumsy." I giggled.
"Yeah, you are very clumsy." He smiled and leaned in to kiss me, "My lips bleeding Wade, you still want to kiss me?" I asked. Wade nodded.
"You two are disgusting." Mars said giggling.
"Not this again." I giggled awkwardly.
|∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞|
I'm backkkk!
HOLY BANANAS. THAT ALLLLL JUST HAPPENED. OH MY CHEESE. I LITERALLY CANNOT BELIEVE I DID THAT. THAT WASNT EVEN WRITTEN IN MY NOTEBOOK OF THOUGHTS, WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS, I WAS GOING THROUGH SOMETHING MYSELF (you know boy probz in real life) SO I WAS JUST LETTING ALL MY FEELINGS OUT THROUGH STEF AND PHILLIP, AND I ACTUALLY LIKE HOW IT TURNED OUTTT!
BUT OOOOOO THAT JUST HAPPENED!!!
other than that, what do you think of the song choices? what your favorite song at the moment? mine would be Unbreakable by Jamie Scott.. the song is really good, i cried listening to it once because the lyrics really hit me in the face...
but enough of sad stuff, TELL MEEEE WHAT YALL THINK!!!! THAT WAS CRAAZZZYYY!
Tell your friends to start reading my story, if they wanna be caught up in why yall are freaking out!!!
Dont forget to vote and obviously comment! You guys are the best!
Bye Lovelies! <3