Sunset Serenity

"You're punctual as always Midoriya and you know how much I appreciate it." Yaoyorozu put her water sprinkler on a table that was beside her and took her seat, waiting for him.

"Y-Yes, Lady Yaoyorozu, please just wait as I prepare everything for you." Izuku went into server mode placing the contents of the satchel on the table.

Her tea and shortcake.

"It is wondrous how you can keep the cake in prime condition and yet still make it fast enough for the tea to be hot."

Izuku let out a polite laugh. "Ah, I'm humbled by your words, i-if anything I should be marveled that I can deliver this to you every day."

She giggled, covering her lips with her fingers. "Oh Midoriya, you know you can drop that attitude with me."

He tensed slightly before pouring her tea. "Of course I know that but they're Mr. Gentle's specific directions-"

"And you'd hate to disappoint him, ne?" Yaoyorozu's eyes had that onyx twinkle, staring up at him. "That's one of the qualities I admire about you, you're loyalty to those you care about... I'm one of those people, right Midoriya?"

Her head was tilted with an eye closed smile.

"Of course, Lady Yaoyorozu. Please enjoy."

Izuku had finished setting it up, placing a knife and fork over a napkin next to her plate. He stood next to her chair, slightly back.

"Thank you, like always, my dear Midoriya."

And the quietness of her sunset meal began.

'This is always the most stress-inducing time of my day. Being in her presence, the anxiety is killing me. You see, Lady Yaoyorozu's family is very, very, powerful. Sometimes I can't distinguish between if she is being earnestly innocent or a manipulative mistress. It is extremely frustrating dealing with her because a part of me always has the urge to protect her and another part of me is terrified with the knowledge that she can have me taken out with the snap of a finger. Besides, outside of the members of her family, I'm the only one that knows-'

"That was delicious as always, please tell Mr. Gentle and La Brava how much I enjoyed it." She tapped the napkin to her lips, cleaning off some crumbs.

Izuku began to clean everything up, putting it all back in his satchel. "Don't worry, I will."

"Now, Midoriya if you would be so inclined as to join me."

He followed along like always. "Of course." Going back to standing next to the chair, albeit this time he was closer, in a more comfortable manner maybe only in appearance.

"Midoriya, can I say something?"

"Whatever's on your mind."

"I just want to say that, I truly do appreciate your company."

"It's the same for me."

Momo clasped her hands together and a sparkling light radiated around it. It stopped and Momo revealed what she had created on her palm.

A music box.

'I'm the only one outside of her family that is aware of her quirk. And because of that, I have always been intertwined with her. I am essentially hers, and her family's hostage. Although I doubt Lady Yaoyorozu sees it that way.'

Momo placed the music box on the table and opened it. There were two figurines embraced in a dance, slowly twirling as the music began. It was a piano solo that she had most likely composed.

'And it made me kinda sad because regardless of how I felt about the situation I was roped in, there was always this sorrowful beauty that came out of her creations.'