The World's Suffering

At the dead of midnight, it began to snow but it would always melt when it came into contact with the ground.

And it was the gray of ash.

He whistled, catching the sight of the object. He took the goggles from his face and threw them away. "Camie was spot on."

"When is she ever wrong about info." He replied, perched on the ledge of the building, staring down at the evacuated main street.

"That's why I don't trust her. Her dumb bimbo personality conflicts with her espionage skills too much. Too two-faced." He stretched his arms over his head, leaning side to side, getting ready.

"Dabi, isn't that the exact purpose of a double agent?" He turned his view from their objective, up to the person next to him.

Dabi was wearing his signature coat, except it was closed, hiding his torso, flapping with the wind. He was also wearing a utility belt similar to Camie's and he had a spiked knee pad on his right leg but his most distinguishing feature aside from his burns was his mask. It was a drama mask with one half a frown and the other a smile. The half with a smile was burned off, only leaving a faded mark. "That's exactly my point, Tokoyami." He cracked his neck, his baggy eyes grew vivid staring down at the target. "Well, whatever as long as the info's good."

"True." Tokoyami stood up on the ledge staring down with Dabi. Unlike Dabi who's mask only hid his face, Tokoyami wore a sleek ebony bird-shaped helmet that only allowed his red predator eyes to be revealed. He wore all black and hid his true appearance to the best extent. Gloves, a leather jacket with the shoulders winged out, a choker around his neck, a spiked bangle around his bicep. His utility belt had a more edgy design with a chain going down to his thigh, connecting to another spiked bangle on the same side as the one on his arm. The connecting chain had a scabbard tied to it, used to hold his katana loosely around his waist. The blade itself was the only item on his person that wasn't bathed in darkness, it had a pure lunar glow that could pierce shadows.

Dabi eyed the blade before looking back at the empty street. In the middle was a mobile station that the CQA had deployed. It was a glorified tent with reinforced barriers, taking up the entire intersection.

"Thanks to Camie's distraction we don't have to worry about wind boy putting out my flame. And have a golden opportunity to take out one of the ten ranking commanders, the bounty's good and hopefully it'll put a dent on The World Government, pff, as if... Oh, I even came up with a new move because of your sword." Dabi took a few steps back, before taking a running leap off the building.

Tokoyami grabbed the hilt of his blade. "Moonlight, guide me." He talked to his sword before jumping off, behind Dabi. "Let's go Dark Shadow." Huge shadow wings emerged from his back and extended, giving him the ability to fly.

Dabi was free-falling with some good hang time. He lifted his arm over his head, gripping it as if he was holding a handle. He aimed his sights on the base. A flame erupted in his hand. "Scorching Saber." He swung with a huge burst of flame unleashed down on to the CQA.

The flame traveled in a wave, slicing into the base, before the fire exploded, destroying the center of the command post, only leaving the barriers around. Dabi landed around the middle of the street charging the intersection. The CQA's remaining soldiers took cover and fired at him with their rifles.

"Damn, the commander was inside!" A soldier yelled as he tried to do some suppressive fire. Dabi waved out his hand creating a wall of flame, stopping the bullets, and creating a distraction. He rolled out, behind a car as they continued to fire at the fire he left in the middle of the street.

They halted their fire for a moment, staring at the flame. Out flew an armored shadow bird of prey wielding a katana.

"Fire!" All of them terrified at the creature zooming in on them. He dodged the rain of bullets with easy, his wings flapped, darting him up, he soared with a twirl as the hail fire trailed him.