Kabanata 9

Marie's POV

Hindi pa rin maalis sa isipan ko ang lahat. Pinatay si mama sa harap ko, naghingalo siya sa harapan ko, at namatay siya sa harap ko mismo. And that night was... a tragedy. At lahat ay nangyari dahil sa akin.

After that tragedy, kinuha ako ng papa ko. And because his family side were very rich, they decided to close the case immediately. Wala na rin naman daw silbi kung patatakbuhin pa ang kaso, patay na si Emil. Wala nang makukulong.

The burial is really silent. Inasikaso lang ni papa ang lahat, mula noong lamay hanggang ngayon, but he didnt attend. Ako lang ang naririto, maliban sa paring nagmimisa, iilang kaibigan ni mama, at mga kasama sa trabaho.

Two weeks pa lang ang nakakalipas mula nang nangyari ang lahat sa bahay, but the pain is still fresh. Hindi man ako nakuha ni Emil, namatay pa rin si mama. And that's all because of me.

Hanggang ngayon, sinisisi ko pa rin ang sarili ko dahil sa mga nangyari.

Nang matapos ang libing ay nanatili lang ako sa pinaglibingan kay mama. Hanggang sa mailagay na ang lapida, at magsialisan ang mga trabahador ay nandito pa rin ako.

Pinagmamasdan ko lang ang pangalan ni mama na nakaukit na sa lapida. And its very painful for me, to see my mother's name in grave.

Sorry ma ha. Hindi man lang kita naipagtanggol. Binigo kita, ma. Akala ko, magiging ligtas na tayo matapos kong ibigay sa isang lalaki ang buong pagka babae ko, pero hindi. Kasalanan ko ang lahat ng ito, ma. Sorry.

Ma, alam kong gagabayan mo ako. Alam kong hindi mo ako pababayaan. Mahal na mahal na mahal kita ma.

Hae Jun's POV

I just keep on shouting in front of their house. But no one is responding. Is anybody here?

Its been two weeks since that thing happened to us. And after that, she left.

She didnt even show up in school. I dont know if what happened.

"Marie? Marie!" I keep shouting her name, but it seems like she's not there.

Until I saw two people, one man and one old lady.

"Ito na po yung bahay na sinasabi ko sa inyo. Renovation na lang po ang kailangan tapos pwede na po nating gawing maliit na paupahan."

What?

I didnt understand what they are talking about. But there are words that are familiar. Oh! Maybe I could ask them, if they know where Marie and her mother is.

"Um, excuse me. May I ask something?"

"Nako, hindi ako masyadong magaling mag ingles, hijo." the old lady said.

"Nay, ako na po ang kakausap sa kanya." then he looked at me. "What is it?"

"Do you... know if where Marie is?"

I dont know but I feel nervous. I hope he know where Marie is, or even her mom. I really need to talk to her. I want to confess my real feelings for her.

"Oh, sorry. The owner of the house died recently, and her daughter is now with her other relatives."

And that made me super shocked.

Marie's mom died?

"Oh... D-do you know where they live?"

"No."

"Oh, t-thank you."

I get in my car, and think what does that man said. Marie's mother died, she's now with her other relatives, and I dont even know where she live now. What should I do?

I want to see her, so bad. I have many things to ask on her, and many things to say.

Why did she gave her full self to me? Why me? Why did she left without even saying goodbye? Does she like me like I do? Why did this things happen?

I wrote a letter. This is supposed to be for her. Its supposed to be in Marie's hands. But now that she's not here anymore, I couldn't have even a single chance to make her feel my love for her.

I opened the letter, and read it once again.

"Marie, I like you since the very first day I saw you. You really caught my attention. I know that there are a lot of girls in that school, but you are the only one I like.

I like your eyeglasses. You look very cute. When you smile, you make me fall deeper. I like every single thing about you Marie.  You are unique and very pretty.

You always make me smile, that's why I secretly like you. I wish, you like me too.

-Hae Jun.

Maybe, its not our destiny to meet today. But I know we will meet again. Maybe tomorrow, on the next days, or in any second after this.

And I will wait. I know that we will see each other again.