The Tale of Snafu

The next day, Giovanni went to the house of Barnaby to tell his story.

"They were not human! And they were not walking towards the lift, they were floating. I haven't slept a wink since that night." Giovanni explained.

"I'm sure there's a perfect explanation for all this." Bugs said calmly. 

"If that's so, then how do you explain the same man I saw through the lift's glass door? On the 11th floor and the 12th floor?" Giovanni asked then he added, Block # 49 is Haunted!"

"My son found this in the library". Mrs. Foray said as she held a newspaper clipping in front of her. "19 July 1986" she added. 

"I remember this! I was hunting for clothes then I heard a scream, people thought it was a suicide while others thought it was an accident. There was this little girl who climbed up the railing, so her father John Snafu stood on a stool to try and stop her." Elmer recalled. 

"Yes, but the child was stubborn!" Added Mrs. Foray, "She struggled so hard that she lost her balance and fell. Then the father saw her body and he lost his sanity, he too jumped and committed suicide." Mrs. Foray elaborated.

"Mrs. Foray, so what your trying to say is that the old man from the viral video is the same father John Snafu?" Bugs asked. 

"Don't curse me to see ghosts! Only those who are very unlucky will see ghosts. Like him." Mrs. Foray said as she pointed her finger towards Elmer.

"Anyway Mrs. Foray, If you have seen the ghost. How did you make the connection?" Bugs questioned. 

"Through Mrs. Bernadette. From the Resident's committee, she knew John Snafu and recognized him from the video." Mrs. Foray replied. 

"I think the question should be Why are people bringing up ghost stories to the House Speakers?" Lola spoke. 

"Because the ghost is chasing the residents and you have to warn people from going near that Block! It's your duty!" Mrs. Foray reasoned.

"And now the so-called haunting is all over the internet! Ever since the video of that old man appeared on that stupid Paranormal Website "Creepy Tales!" Mr. Mckimson voiced his concern.

"It's a popular site. Tales of the afterlife for those who have no life." Lola told Mr. Mckimson.

 "Exactly! Ever since that video appeared, all the inquiries for my dad's flat stopped. I even tried lowering the price but nobody wants to view the flat!" Mr. Mckimson elaborated. "

It's impossible to put a lid on viral things like that." Bugs said calmly. 

"Fine! Then get rid of the ghost!" Mr. Mckimson complained and he left the building.