Chapter 1

Standing in front a lot of people wasn't really a Yuri thing. Couple of smartphones can be seen trying to record the scene into their devices. Yuri wasn't expecting this. She knew something was odd by the way her girlfriend texted her:

visit me at work, yeah?

First of all, her girlfriend is not into PDA during work. Her girlfriend, Kim Chaewon, finds it as a distraction.

The minute she stepped inside the restaurant that Chaewon owned, the employees gave her a bouquet of flowers: yellow roses.

It wasn't her favorite. It was Chaewon's. Chaewon is deeply inlove with yellow roses because of it's one symbolism: undying love.

That wasn't the case why Yuri never liked it though. Alongside with undying love, yellow roses also stands for jealousy, extreme betrayal and also infidelity.

Jo Yuri wasn't a fan of infidelity. The hatred was brought by her father, but that story is for another day.

Accepting the flowers with hesitation, she was told to sit in the table in the middle of the room. Na Goeun, the restaurant's manager, handed her a handkerchief.

Yuri just looked at the handkerchief. "You might need this later." Na Goeun muttered while still offering the piece of cloth. Confusion was evident on Yuri's face. "Naeun, you must be mistaken. I came here because Chaewon wanted me to visit her." Yuri tried to explaine but Goeun opened her hand and put the cloth on it.

"Trust me, you'll need it." Na Goeun said before leaving and went inside the kitchen.

That was the time she only had to look around. She saw her friends, Chaeyeon and Sakura and her half sister, Wonyoung; even Nako and Hitomi who are Chaewon's friends. Her eyes widened when she saw Chaewon's parents too, not too far from her table.

Just after Goeun left, Chaewon walked out of the kitchen, not wearing her kitchen apron. Chaewon smiled at her when it arrived at her table. There was something different about Chaewon's smile. Anxiety? Nervousness? Fear? Yuri can't figure it out.

"So uhm, Sian's going to bring the foods any minute." Yuri only nodded to Chaewon.

Chaewon started moving closer to Yuri, holding her hands. She saw Chaewon gulped before saying, "We've been together for a few years. I was thinking... maybe we should settle down already?"

In time, someone started singing that caught Yuri's attention.

Jang Gyuri, she's the resident singer in Chaewon's restaurant. She only works for Chaewon during Mondays, Wednesdays and the weekends. As far as Yuri remembers it was Thursday. Having Gyuri around on a Thursday evening makes Yuri nervous.

And there goes the question.

Chaewon started kneeling in one knee, still holding Yuri's hands. She fished something inside her pocket before showing it to Yuri.

A box. Inside it is a ring.

"I know that I still have a lot of shortcomings as your girlfriend. But let me fill those in as your wife? Jo Yuri, will you spend the rest of your life with me?" Yuri gulped and looked around.

All of the people's phones are handed high, trying to capture the whole scene. Chaewon's friends and parents are all holding their phones up, with a smile on their faces. She saw Chaewon's mother mouthing a "Yes.". Even her friends are holding their phones.

Slowly, Yuri muttered the words: "How can I say no?"

"Is that a yes?" Chaewon asked with a hint of joy in her voice. "Yes...? Yes." Jo Yuri finally answered. Chaewon inserted the ring on Yuri's ring finger.

Kim Chaewon stood up and crushed Yuri in a bone-crushing hug. Claps and cheers from the people inside the restaurant and the people precious to their lives can be heard.

Yuri smiled, half heartedly.

That night, Yuri layed on her bed while staring at the ceiling.

"I'm engaged." She said out of nowhere.

"I'm going to be Chaewon's wife. She's my girlfriend for 4 years but why am I feeling this way? I should be happy right?" Yuri continued.

"Right, I am happy. I'm engaged. I'm happy." She repeated and ended with a sigh.

"Argh! I don't know what's wrong with me!" Jo Yuri shouted while frustratedly pulling her hair.

"Yuri unnie! I'm sleeping!" Wonyoung shouted from the other room.

Later that night, Yuri slept feeling troubled.