Chapter 13

She felt the cold breeze on her flushed cheeks when she stood outside waiting for him to explain. Her lips were a bit swollen and her heartbeat was finally calming down. She watched him intently but couldn't read him. He looked nervous. She didn't know if it had anything to do with their kiss. He gestured to let the driver know that they were ready to leave and didn't seem like he was going to talk anytime soon.

'What the hell is going on?' She asked hoping she didn't sound as desperate as she felt.

'We can talk on the way back'

'No! You need to tell me now'

'We shouldn't be out here for too long they could still see us' He said actively avoiding to make eye contact.

'Who are they?'

'I saw the curator in there. He was going to bathroom which is why we had to you know....hide... I overheard a British couple... 'the Browns'... talking about buying a love poem... I think they maybe meeting the curator to talk about it.' He finished less confidently unsure that he was making any sense. Sanem switched to work mode at the mention of the curator and buried the sting of disappointment she felt after knowing the purpose of the kiss.

'Can...what if they're selling it right now? We need to see it happen. We have no proof of what is happening right now, we need to get pictures of them or something.'

'Wait the curator knows both of us, if they see us in there they're going to know we're following them.' He cautioned raising his hand to block her way.

'I don't think they'll notice me if I stay far from them. Though that man bun of yours is surely going to get you caught so why don't you wait for me in the car and I'll get what we need.'

'You shouldn't go there alone' He said it without giving it a second thought. He felt protective of her even though he knew she was way more capable than him.

She just stared him until he realized how silly his command was. He just walked to the limo and opened the door as she went back in.

---

There were less questions she had to answer when she reentered the bar. She said that she had forgotten a personal item inside. She took her phone out of her purse making sure that it was ready to take pictures. She walked in more comfortable and confident than earlier, feeling a strange familiarity with the place she had only seen for the first time this evening.

She looked around the room for the curator. It shouldn't be hard to find him she thought. He had a peculiar look and a nervous energy that was palpable in any room. She walked around a bit, pretending to be interested in poker games. She knew she had to make sure not to come face to face with him because he could recognize her.

She was half way across the room when she finally saw the curator in a corner drinking. He was standing close to a group of three people and awkwardly paying attention to their conversation. She walked a bit to get a good angle to see who the people were.

Once she could see better, she realized the two people were a couple that fit Can's description and the third looked familiar but she couldn't quite place him. She walked forward hoping to get a good shot on her phone but she knew she would look to suspicious if she were too close. She brought her phone up slowly and pretended to be taking a selfie. She knew she looked silly but this was her only option. She took a few shots quickly and walked the opposite way so she could capture the curator too. She was about to take a photo when she heard someone's voice over her shoulder.

'Miss? Our customers value their privacy so we don't allow people to take pictures in here.' A young waiter said politely.

'Oh sorry I didn't know, I just really liked this hall. I wanted to show a friend.' She said it fast so he wouldn't have the time to react.