Franky X Male! Reader

On the island of the bonded tribe, there were many ways that the presence of the bonded one could show itself. Most commonly one could expect to find their body mimic the scarring and decorative tattoos of the person at the opposite end of the connection, next commonly it was shared pain. Shared senses and emotional state were a tad more rarer but none of them were as rare as the one [Name] had to deal with. You see, on the Northern parts of the island lived a peculiar family. Peculiar in the way of them being more aloof than the rest of the tribe, preferring to be left alone on their own, doing as they pleased, as free as one could be. This sadly also brought some trouble to the connection between those who they were connected to them. A very special kind of trouble that was.

At the age of ten, [Name] found himself to be seated on a chair of a tattoo artist, who went on to explain the deal to him. "So your family typically has a lot lower ties to their bonded ones, their bodies are not tied to the other one on the same level as the rest of the tribe members, but that's just part of the nature of your spirits, your family has always the ability to go where they wanted and when they wanted after all, the tribe refers to you as walkers because of that. Hell it even seems that your family has the ability to choose what to do after death", the woman, Marie, said as she moved her equipment around, getting ready for you.

The raven then lifted up a tiny bottle of some liquid, it seemed to be clear, to the level where your [e/c] eyes could peer at it more easily.

"We call this the soul ink, it's something very special that your family developed", she said, casually rolling it onto the tattooing needle, "It'll help you to both find your soul mate when the time is right and learn how they are truly feeling". She leaned in closer and took a hold of [Name]'s arm. "It's been tradition for walkers to get this tattoo at the age of thirteen, but it seems that your maturity is already on that level. However, you should try to find your soulmate before reaching adulthood, it's an important safety measure"

The boy flinched when the needle touched his shoulder, feeling the tiny needle break into his skin over an over again. He didn't really want to have it, the tattoo, he was dead afraid needles and it took all of his energy and might to not scream nor panic. At the end of the small eternity, the little boy had already teared up.

Marie patted the soft [h/c] locks of the child, offering him a small green lollipop. It was heart shaped. "You did great", she said as she placed the protective fabric over the area to ensure that the tattoo wouldn't be hazarded by sunlight and that the freshly tattooed skin wouldn't burn. [Name] slid out of the chair, his [e/c] eyes giving one last teary yet serious look at the dark haired beauty with emerald green eyes as she released he hair fully from its bindings. If you asked the little boy, she should've been called Esmeralda instead.

The little boy followed his father outside and to the market, while the man didn't visibly show it, he was very proud of his son and how bravely he dealt with his inking. At the dango stand, the man, [Last name] [First name], bought one to the boy as a reward for his bravery and nerve.

[Name] and his father then proceeded to do some light shopping, mainly your everyday groceries like food, before heading back to their isolated home that watched over the town like an eternal guardian angel.

The journey was always long, and as per usual the little boy grew too tired to walk on his own, his aching little legs being able to carry him so far. And just like always, his father lifted him on the trolley they used for shopping, pushing it until a secret little spot where [Name] always jumped off, stubbornly wanting to walk to the door himself so it'd at least seem like he made it all the way back himself. It was those tiny things that really mattered to him.

After a while of resting, his mother would call him for dinner, today making his all time favourite, after all it wasn't always when one would reach the maturity capacity where you'd get your special tattoo.