Chopper X Male! Reader

Sometimes, all you really need is someone who can understand you. Not necessarily love you, just understand. Without having someone who is on the same wavelength as you, life can get very heavy. Sometimes too heavy to carry.

Such had been the case for a certain someone who could hear the voice all things. For someone who was the son of a huntsman, it could be a curse. But then again, he wasn't actually aware of what or who was talking. Soft [h/c] locks were brushed away from his face, though they'd be quick to fall back to cover those vivid [e/c] orbs. Staring at the dawn, the teen thought back to his life, how he'd suddenly started to hear voices around him, how he'd at first tried to locate them but no avail, and how he'd felt more aware of the world he was living in.

Even now, he was listening to the voice, kept a secret from the rest of the world.

"Long time ago.... An attack like no other.... Run... Hide.... Eat the fruit of the earth.... Gain power... Raise the fog  to protect..... Died to protect....." the voice whispered in broken sentences, but [Name] didn't mind this as he sat on the grass, back resting against a large rock. He'd learned a lot from listening to the voices, one of them telling the story of the soul bond, another whispering to his ear about another world that couldn't be seen with your eyes.

While surprisingly many of his generation were confused with the fact that they couldn't find their soulmates despite of clearly carrying their marks, [Name] had already found out that they were indeed bonded to people who weren't part of their tribe. However, realising that his talent and knowledge wouldn't be taken seriously, the young man had kept to himself and distanced himself from most of the people.

The mechanic from the family of chefs was one of the rare few he hadn't done that to, but even then he hadn't really told the older man much. Just that he had a hard time finding his own soul bond. After all, he didn't show any signs of having one with his pristine body. Oh there'd been few cases of him having severe bruises but they always healed quickly.

Once again, he was on his little secret place, listening to the voices that were all around him. Though it seemed like an albatross was actually talking to him. Which was.... Unusual to say the least.
"So so so, you can understand most beings right? I know you can hear me dude", [Name] stared at the bird with half amused half embarrassed on the half of it expression. "Apparently so. And? What of it?" he said lowering his voice to make sure that nobody would realise that he was indeed answering to the thing. The albatross made a delighted sound, which was probably a laugh, you know how birds are. "Well, you know what you need to find? Another person who can understand us!"

What.
The.
Actual.
F-

"A, a, aaa, no swearing kid, not even as an invoice", the bird said waving its wing as if it was a mother gently scolding her mischievous son. [Name] scowled, who was this sea bird to tell him what to do. The self proclaimed mail deliver straightened its hat. "There's a pretty adorable mermaid who lives at the bottom of the sea called Shirahoshi, she can talk to the Sea Kings", it said and attempted to wink. It didn't really work out that well due to the fact that its eyes were on the sides of its head, 'There's also that little reindeer called Chopper".

"I don't think that I have a soul bond to an animal or a mermaid thank you very much", [Name] muttered annoyed, "There's also the possibility of my soulmate simply not having born yet". The wind picked up slowly, revealing his eyes to the albatross, and more importantly the stern look that was on them. The large sea bird creature hopped backwards ruffling its white and grey feathers. "So what if they're not yet born or if your bond isn't one of the people I mentioned, what I'm saying is that you gotta find your own happiness, venture out to the sea, be gay, do crimes, fall in love, live a life", it said with an offended tone.