Luffy X Male! Reader

At a tender age of five, [Name] decided that romance was icky. His proof? It just was. How long did this last? To this day. While most would be overjoyed by the fact that their bodies were showing signs of having a soul bond, the boy had actually shrieked in terror while running his fingers over the scar that had appeared below his left eye over night.
So this was his life now.
Just great.

Oh and whoever his soulmate was, they apparently got hurt a lot. Which really sucked. Like give it a rest buddy, move to some other place where you don't fall off of high grounds or whatever you it is that keeps giving you these damn bruises.

[Name] dropped his bag next to the doorway with a loud thud, sighing out of frustration. "How was your day sweetie?", the voice of his lovely mother echoing from the kitchen. "My soulmate got another set of bruises and cuts. And it hurts. What kind of kid has their whole body be bruised and scarred at the age of ten", he said flatly. Woman's head peaked from the kitchen, her long [h/c] hair framing her face perfectly. She had a thoughtful look in her grey eyes. "Well, there are many kids who sadly don't have loving families who'd take care of them, sad but true", she said as she emerged from the kitchen, wiping her hands on her apron, "But it's also possible that your soul mate is much older than you, she might be training to become a guard".

That would explain the constant wounds. But....
"Mom, is it possible to not marry your soulmate? All of my friends talk ab out marrying their own except for the one with a tattoo", his mother's face twitched in a certain way that someone who had a secret would. She then proceeded to mess with her son's [h/c] hair, which the boy always had been seriously made sure to look so tidy and smooth. "HEY!"

"Darling, of course it's possible to do that, the one whom I bonded with was a musician at a bar when we were younger, but we didn't feel that way of one another", she said giving her son a bright smile that could blind someone. [Name] stared at her, tiny gears turning in his small head. If his father wasn't his mother's soulmate then... "Mom, who was my dad? What was he like?"

A dreamy eyed look settled itself on her face. "Your father is a warrior of the sea, he had dark and deep eyes, like the ocean herself, you inherited your grandmother's eyes, his skin was [s/c] just like yours, he was playful yet wild, and oh so gentle", her calm and loving voice carried over to the son, who was even more confused than ever. "But the Ocean was his Mistress and he couldn't bear leaving her, he's still out there somewhere, roaming the seas like the brave man he was"

The woman turned to look at her son fondly, leaving the name of her lover a secret. "I'll tell you once you're older" was what she'd said. This left [Name] wondering if this meant that his father had a mermaid as a wife or something, I mean it could be a thing for all he knew. After all you couldn't actually marry the sea, it wasn't sentient was it?
The boy flinched as he felt yet another bruise starting to form, this time around on his lower back. Just give him a break will you?

"And now, dear class, we'll be writing about what you want to do when you grow up!"
The teacher's overly cheerful voice made the now twelve year old groan. He had no idea what he wanted to do or what he was even good at! He was a decent cook thanks to his mother patiently teaching him and even then the boy messed up a lot. Glancing left and right, he could see that most of his peers all had something.
That one guy from the east side wanted to be a doctor, other wanted to become a merchant, the boy on his right wanted to become a banker. He took a look to the left where the most mature kid of his class was. The one adults called a walker. The small tattoo on his shoulder was changing colour actively and while [Name] wasn't exactly sure what it meant, he found it to be more handy than his pains and scarring.

"Psst, what are you going for?" the boy in question didn't even look into his direction. "City guard, it's my duty as a walker", the other one answered flatly. "Oh"