Blessing In Disguise

Yao Wang was walking down the puddle filled street to get home, a umbrella in his shaking hands from it being so cold and a hot latte in the other. He couldn’t wait till he got home from the meeting. He really hated how his colleague Alfred would always tease him for looking so feminine. As he slid his pony tail back over his shoulder when all of a sudden he ran into someone knocking his latte all over the other person.

“AYIAHH i’m so sorry aru i’m so clumsy ar-”. He was cut off when he happened to crane his neck up to meet the other’s amethyst gaze. The man was at least sixteen centimeters taller, very berwald in built, and had shaggy blonde hair.

“No worries da. I’ll just wash my scarf and coat at home da.”  Yao stared at the man. The heavy russian accent, the scarf, and the eyes. Has he seen this man before? He starts to comb through his memory of his childhood friend Ivan Braginski. He remembered how they used to run around his house with Ivan. How he taught Ivan everything since he was younger than Yao. He remembers looking for him when he suddenly disappeared and how his heart at such a young age went from warm and fuzzy to completely broken. He decided to speak up after a moment of silence and reminiscence.

“I- Ivan Braginski???Vanya aru?”

“Da….Yao??? the little Yao Yao from so long ago da?”

At that moment the large younger nation pulls Yao in for a back breaking hug, sweeps him literally of his feet and spins him around breathing in the peony scent infested chang san as his tears spilled onto his lover from his childhood.