The First Time In So Long

Yao couldn’t believe it. The polar bear sized man spinning him around was actually Ivan, the Ivan he knew and loved so so much, the ivan he was searching for over 20 years until now. He always loved the faint smell of vodka coming off of him. As Ivan put the older nation down he had to ask the question.

“Вы пойдете со мной?”

Yao was absolutely shocked. The russian had taught him his native language as Yao taught him his and his fantasy had come true.

“Да я буду.”

With that the lovers took off towards Yao’s place. As they open the door Ivan took off his jacket and scarf and threw them both into the washer. Yao’s pet panda started climbing all over Ivan as well and both start to chuckle.

“ I guess he still remembers you aru”.

“ Да”.

Ivan patted the small animal on the head before putting him on the floor. As Yao was busy making his surprise dish of dim sum and rice. After their expensive home-made meal they started getting tired. They both wanted to stay up to watch a movie but thought of it better to lay in bed. Both took off just their shirts and Ivan knew Yao was clearly hiding something.

“Whats the matter da”?

“N-Nothing aru”.

With that Ivan surprises Yao by spinning him around so Ivan could see his back and saw what he was hiding. Ivan clearly tearing up at the sight.

“H-How did this happen Yao….Was it from that time?”

Yao’s face crimsoned.

“I-I didn’t want you hurt but it seemed it didn’t work aru please don’t be upset”.

“It’s ok i’m just torn I felt the need to do that to your perfect skin”.

Ivan traced down the large scar across Yao’s ivory back. It went diagonally from his right shoulder to the left side of his lower back almost across his hip. He remembered back when they were ten and Ivan got mad at the chinese man for ratting on him for sneaking out and Ivan took out his long sword Yao had given him as a decoration and slashed him with it when he wasn’t looking. Ivan started crying.

“No Ivan don’t aru I forgive you”

“BUT I DON’T FORGIVE ME”!

“You should.”

With that Yao kissed the large man into silence. They crawled into bed Yao laying his head on Ivan’s chest as they talked about things that have happened in the last 10 or so years and to their amazement their answers were the same. lonely.