Before the Sunrise (F)

Jeongguk takes the time to appreciate how beautiful his lover is.

Personality should always play a huge role in how we choose partners, but often times people forget to admire how beautiful someone can be, not only on the inside, but also on the outside. This might be my favourite oneshot I've ever written, purely because it's inspired by the fact that, although it's frowned upon to love someone for who they are based on appearance, we should also never forget to love them for who they are on the outside, from time to time.

Today, or whenever  you next think of this oneshot, I'd like each and every one of you to tell someone they're beautiful.

********

The golden sunlight slipped through a small gap between the cream curtains, and caught on a random object which shone directly into Jeongguk's large, brown, doe eyes. Being a light sleeper, he woke up relatively quickly, rising out of bed and moving the offending object.  There wasn't much he could do about the sun; Taehyung's homemade curtains were a bit short.

The male smiled at the oncoming fond memory; Taehyung sitting on the floor for weeks on end, fabric pouring out from every available space in the small house. Large sheets of the ugliest colour Jeongguk had ever seen, had laid on floors and doors and sofas, which made sitting and even just standing, a complete nightmare, but Jeongguk wasnt complaining at all. For Taehyung, he'd go through anything. For the longest time, there was thread and glue everywhere, especially on Taehyung's face, but when he had finally finished, he had looked up at Jeongguk with wide eyes, sparkling with joy and pride, and Guk knew that the mess was all worth it.

Taehyung was priceless.

Jeongguk sighed, now fully awake. He slipped into bed before Taehyung started whining from the loss of heat, and pulled his lover close to his side. He sat up, propped up of one arm, and lovingly swept hair out of Tae's face. The small, unconscious nose scrunch as he cuddled closer, in Jeongguk's opinion, was absolutely adorable.

In that moment, it dawned on Jeongguk that he had such a beautiful lover. Of course he was aware that Taehyung was pretty and cute and charming and cheeky. He had an amazing personality and all the other lovely qualities, but as the sun summoned a gentle rainbow glow upon his soulmate's soft skin, Jeongguk truly took in the breathtaking view that was Kim Taehyung.

His dark, black hair which curled slightly as it reached the front of his head, and dropped down gently to meet his bold, relaxed eyebrows. The smooth slope of his nose, which had no bump. The small, faint mole which sat on the end, reminding Jeongguk that he was real. His honey cheeks which squished into the softest smile that danced across his face and flashed in his deep, dark eyes, when he laughed.

Taehyung was beautiful.

********************************
I know this is very short and meaningless and has no plot but I kinda like it like that fsr. I hope you guys all know that you're beautiful as well, no matter what anyone else has to say ❤

Thanks so much for 5k reads!! I remember when I first posted this, I was bouncing off the walls when literally 10 people read my little book so this means a lot to meeee 😭😭

Love you guys to the moon and back!!

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜