Chapter 3

Harry blinked blankly at the redheads in front of him who were currently chattering on at him, at not to, as they had been for the last hour and a half. He had been sitting in the Three Broomsticks having lunch with Neville and catching up on everything from the last year, enjoying spending time with his gentle, understanding friend who due to liberal amounts of dittany was getting less and less scars. And then Molly, Ginny, Percy and Arthur had seated themselves at the table and started talking away. His warm and friendly feelings for Neville had disappeared when after twenty minutes the traitor had escape by saying he was due for a meeting at the Ministry. Though he had thrown Harry an apologetic look before flooing out.

The conversation had started out safe enough, the repairs at Hogwarts, the ball last week, Ron and Hermione had managed to finally track down her parents, their engagement. And then Molly and Ginny had started in on their not so discrete hint dropping and prodding, Percy had added his two knuts worth with a superiority that he had not lost despite the choices he had made in the last few years, and Arthur had sat smiling and murmuring agreements to things he had no idea to what he was agreeing to.

"Ah Harry, I'm sorry that I'm so late," The familiar voice had him freezing up before a large, warm hand fell onto his shoulder. Looking up he met sea blue eyes with an eagerness that surprised him from the moment that he had heard the deep, slightly gravely voice that still managed to sound smooth and cultured. "I do hope you did not think I stood you up," Gregory added.

"No its alright, Molly, Ginny, Percy and Arthur were keeping me company after Neville left," Harry smiled catching on.

"Ah that is good then, I did not think that I would be so late. The Healer was late in flooing in Julia's results," Gregory rolled his eyes.

"That's alright, is Julia ok?" Harry asked slightly concerned.

"Oh she's fine, she had an appointment two days ago, her and the baby are both totally fine," Gregory gave that small smile that warmed his eyes.

"I'm glad. Shall we?" Harry stood quickly and probably a little too eagerly but if Ginny flashed her cleavage at him one more time or flicked her hair he was going to crack.

"Harry, aren't you going to introduce us?" Molly's words were polite. Her tone and scowl were not.

"I am Gregory Malfoy. A pleasure," Gregory bowed his head politely but he didn't remove his hand from Harry's shoulder. The grip was firm but not painful, reassuring and warm. And once again Gregory was much too close to Harry for the good of Harry's thought processes. His spicy scent drifting over Harry and through his senses like a drug. And some how it managed to relax him at the same time.

"Malfoy," Percy sneered at Gregory making Harry's hackles rise. "I had heard that you were all coming back into the country,"

"Yes, after everything that happened we came home to give what support we could to my brother and his family as well as hopefully righting wrongs that have been made," Gregory said tightly.

"That will take a lot of work," Arthur snorted.

"But at least they are making the effort to do so, unlike the other families that are just leaving the country," Harry said sharply causing the four Weasley's to look at him shocked.

"Well...yes of course. I did not know you knew any of the other Malfoy's besides Lucius, Draco and Narcissa Harry," Molly smiled weakly.

"I met them when I went round to ask them to sign Severus's petition," Harry shrugged lightly so that he didn't disturb Gregory's hand which he was quite happy with staying where it was for as long as possible.

"You went alone to Malfoy Man...erm...that was..." Ginny stammered catching the dangerous flash in Harry's eyes that she had the sense to recognise as warning.