Chapter 12

"Harry?" Harry turned blinking slightly confused as he was pulled from his thoughts to see Draco standing in the doorway in his pyjamas.

"Hey," Harry smiled slightly.

"Sorry I was...couldn't sleep I got up to have a walk and get something to drink and saw the fireplace lit, I didn't mean to intrude," Draco rambled a little making Harry look at him closer. He had small bags under his eyes and was looking quite rumpled and shaken.

"You're not intruding. I couldn't sleep myself and I didn't want to wake Gregory," Harry shook his head.

"Do...," Draco started to say before biting his lip and looking unsurely around the room.

"You can ask whatever it is you want to know, come and sit down, its getting colder," Harry offered patting the sofa he was on.

"I don't come in here a lot, Uncle Gregory wouldn't mind, but it is so much his room it always feels like intruding a little," Draco admitted as he quickly crossed the space to the sofa Harry was on and settled down, tucking his feet underneath himself.

"It makes me feel safe," Harry admitted.

"The room does or he does?" Draco asked gently.

"Both," Harry softly.

"Do you think when...if Gregory and you bond, would you..." Draco started to ask but trailed off looking unsure.

"Would I?" Harry prompted.

"We are all curious as to whether you would feel comfortable living here?" Draco asked.

"Honestly? After everything that happened last year I thought that I would never feel comfortable in this place, I came or Severus that first time, the second time for Gregory, but each time I dreaded it. But over the last two months, sleeping here and spending more time, the good memories and getting to know your family properly, the manor is actually already starting to feel a little like home," Harry admitted.

"You're god for each other you know," Draco smiled.

"Hmm?" Harry blinked at Draco confused.

"I'm the only one that has really known the both of you separate and apart, we may not have been friends but I'm sure you'll agree our rivalry allowed a certain amount of insight into each other. You would come alive when you were with Gra...Hermione and Ron, and later Neville and Luna, when you were playing Quidditch, after our adventures, but you just get this look on your face when you are with Uncle Gregory, there is something in your eyes..." Draco trailed off with a fond smile as he rested his chin on his hand. "And Uncle Gregory, Father used to tell me about what he was like, how confident he was, but I didn't realise how different he was until you got together. He smiles more, his confidence isn't half feigned anymore, he lights u whenever you are together. Though he is a bit creepy that he never takes his eyes off you hardly when you are in a room together. You both seem to know when the other enters the room...I wish that I had something like that," Draco sighed.

"We're still young, you have plenty of time to find someone, I guess I just got really lucky," Harry couldn't help his smile even as he poked Draco in the leg with his foot. Laughing Draco batted is foot away. "Is there someone you have in mind?" Harry asked curiously.

"Maybe," Draco hedged.

"Someone I know?" Harry smiled.

"Perhaps...you won't tell anyone?" Draco asked nervously.

"I promise, it will stay between us," Harry said sobering up seeing how nervous Draco was.

"Marcus Flint," Draco blurted out.