Chapter 19

Harry tilted his head back as he felt the night breeze brushing passed his face, the smell of spices and herbs, of heat and sea were heavy on the air around him. There were voices chattering, laughing and calling to each other a little bit away from where he was standing. Even though he was blindfolded he was fairly sure that he was once again standing on Gregory's boat.

They had finished their evening with their friends and family, laughing and dancing, Narcissa and Andromeda had shown everyone up by performing an amazing quick step together, while Ron bless him had tried his best to waltz Hermione around the floor and had failed, her beaming smile and happy laughter had cheered him up though. Marcus had stolen Harry from 5 dances with Gregory until his husband, his husband, had snarled at his grandfather and told him to go get his own husband, only to start snarling when Tiberius had laughingly whisked Harry away for a spin around the dancefloor while he was distracted. Gregory had thrown his hands up when their next dance had been interrupted by Carina. Harry had been laughing so hard he had barely been any use dancing with his new mum in law.

It had been an amazing day, Harry had loved every second of it. Through it all, not matter where they were he and Gregory had met each other's eyes every few seconds, not wanting to let the other out of their sight. He was sure that neither of them had stopped smiling since they had said their vows, his cheeks were actually starting to hurt, but he could not stop the overwhelming happiness that was running through him. He was married. To a man he loved with all his heart. He had an extended family that he loved and felt at home with.

He started a little before humming when lips brushed over his cheeks right under the blindfold, and then to his lips.

"What are you smiling so widely for?" Gregory asked softly, his fingers dancing along Harry's waist.

"Life is perfect," He sighed contently leaning back into his husband's strong body.

"Yes, it is. Not much longer and I will take the blindfold off," Gregory promised before moving away again.

Once their night had finished they had said a long round of goodbyes to everyone, lots of hugs, kisses and promises to write or floo. And then Gregory had placed the blindfold over his eyes and apparated them away for their month-long honeymoon. The had landed on the boat, and Gregory had led him to the front before disappearing to make the last-minute preparations. Harry had no idea what they would be doing for their honeymoon, Gregory had insisted on planning it all for them.

He started when the engines started up and they moved, the wind picked up and started playing with the ends of his hair, tousling it more than it probably already was. It must had been a good fifteen minutes before strong arms wrapped around him again, turning him around and capturing his lips. He groaned slightly and twisted his fingers through golden hair unfalteringly, the move automatic now, and sank himself into the kiss. Without seeing Gregory, it somehow felt more intimate and sensual, the taste of Gregory, of the slightly bitter whisky he had been drinking, and the sweetness of their wedding cake all enhanced on his own tongue.

They parted far too soon for Harry's liking, but then Gregory's fingers were tugging at the knot of the blindfold and pulling it away from his eyes. He gasped at the sight of the boat, white roses and fairy lights had been twined around the railings of the whole boat. They were standing on the deck which had a mattress in the centre covered with silk sheets and cushions, and surrounding it little orbs of light were glittering prettily casting a glow over the sleeping space. And covering every inch of the deck were thousands upon thousands of red rose petals.

He looked up at Gregory wide eyed after he had taken everything in, unable to believe how beautiful it was. "I wanted our first proper time together, our first night as husbands to be special," Gregory admitted softly.