Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Movie or Blast From the Past?

Nik

"Would you like to stay and watch a movie? Or is it getting too late?" Bella asks.

"Are you sure you want me to stay? You did say you had a long day," I remind her.

"I have, but it's nice to relax. I haven't had a person I could talk to about all this and have them not judge me. It's nice not being judged by someone just because of who you dated or hung out with," she tells me.

"Well, Hayley seems to like you and wants to be your friend. Hope has seemed to attach herself to you. Lijah, well you've won over him in a second and I'm sure the rest of my family will love you as well," I say.

"You didn't mention yourself in that." She laughs.

"Me? I'm hard to say at this moment," I say, taking a sip of my drink.

She laughs and sits back with her drink in hand. She then leans up, sitting her glass on the table, and telling me she would be back. She says she wants to go get changed into something more comfortable than jeans and a tank top. She shows me where the movies are and tells me to pick one out for us to watch. She leaves the room and I just watch her. She knows I'm her mate, yet she hasn't taken off running. She has yet to say anything on the matter, but she hasn't rejected me. My phone dings and I see a text from Lijah.

Nik, I really hope you have not said anything to upset her. You will need to tread carefully as Marcel just informed me of a Cold One lurking around. Have you told her about being mates? =Lijah

I have not. In fact, I've been getting to know her and how she knows Cold Ones. Thank you for letting me know. Let him know I'll be contacting him for more information. She knows I'm her mate as Marie was her grandmother and left her a letter informing her of me. I will be home soon brother. -Nik

I pull up Marcel's information and hit the text icon. Isabella comes back down in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. She asks if everything is okay and I tell her the truth.

"I didn't get a chance to pick out the movie. Elijah informed me of a Cold One lurking around. I'm getting ready to contact a friend to see what he knows of the Cold One lurking around," I tell her.

"Does she have red hair?" She tenses.

Bella

"I'm not sure, but I can ask him when I get a hold of him. What movie would you like to watch?" He asks, looking over my movies.

"Could we see your friend? I would like to know if the Cold One is the red-head. If it is, then I need to get my dad out of here and after that I need to leave." I start to pace back and forth.

He walks over, grabs me by the shoulders and says, "I will not let the Cold One get to you. If it is the red-head then my family and I will protect you. Are you sure you want to meet my friend? It would mean you meet the rest of my family."

"Then, I guess it's time to meet your family. I don't want to leave my dad here unprotected though," I say, looking at the stairs.

"What if Elijah came over to keep an eye on your dad while we were at my house. You've already met him and he would be able to protect your father better than anyone," he suggests.

"Do you think he would do that?" I ask.

"I can call him and find out," he says and I nod.

I watch as he pulls out his phone and dials a number. I'm guessing that Elijah didn't answer because he dials again and puts it up to his ear. He then looks at me and puts his phone on speaker.

"Brother, what can I do for you?"

"Would you come over to Isabella's house to keep an eye on her father?" He asks.

"Are you two heading out?"

"No, she would like to talk to Marcel and since he doesn't leave the compound without Bekah I'll be taking her over there. She doesn't want to leave her father here unprotected," he says.

"Of course, I will be there shortly," Elijah says, before hanging up.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay meeting my family?" He asks.

"I will be fine. I need to know what Cold One is here. There is only one from the family and she's already said she wouldn't bother me anymore. If it's her or her family I have no way to get them to leave me alone," I say.