Honey Honey, Nearly Kill Me

Juliana was staring out the window of the car. Her cousin was driving, and all her thoughts were caught up with Valentina, of course.

"You really need a hobby, you know." Sara remarked, pulling into the park. Juls really hated her cousin's directness sometimes, and this was one of them. She was happy to spend her days daydreaming.

She turned to give an unimpressed look at her cousin, thinking of a reply.

"You do, besides - what does your girlfriend think you do?"

"She's not my girlfriend, I'm just in love with her. Besides, I'm sure she has a boyfriend." Juls began with a sigh. She knew Valentina the whole of 6 days, and she was so far gone, it was embarrassing.

"So, she knows you're the head of organized crime here then?" Sara asked cheekily, waiting for Juls to get out of the car.

"Well, we haven't discussed that much." Juls deflected, wondering what she should do if her career ever came up in her conversations with Val.

"I'm sure you will soon. The hobby might help if you wanna lie." Sara suggested, before driving off. Sara had to go plan a kidnapping after all, one which was scheduled later that day. Juls pondered over her cousin's words while she walked into the park.

What can I say I do?

"Hey! How are you?", the sweet lady who sold clothes in the park beamed seeing Juliana coming towards her. Juls smiled as she leaned into her for a hug.

"I'm good. Anyone cause you any problems?" she asked, she was a very considerate person after all.

"Ah no no - after you dealt with those men, no one's bothered me since. I'm very thankful that you intervened!", the lady went on, and Juls smiled her soft smile as she sat down on a nearby ledge. She nodded hearing that her help had been of use, but she was too distracted to keep up a conversation with the lady. The sales lady, seeing Juls with her absent-minded smile, grinned seeing the young girl so obviously smitten.

"Someone looks like they're in love." she teased, and Juls bent her head shyly at that remark.

"Ah come on, don't be shy - it's a beautiful thing to be in love." the sales lady declared but Juls shook her head at that.

"Not when you're me, and with what I do - I can see it is going to get more complicated." Juls uttered, her smile fading.

"No - don't be like that. If there's anything I can do - I'll help you.", the lady pleaded, and Juls shook her head again.

"It's fine - there's nothing-", she stopped short. She noticed Valentina with her wide smile almost running towards her, and her heart skipped a beat.

"Juls!" was all Val managed before she pulled Juliana into a tight hug. Juls almost fell over with the force of the hug, not that she cared.

"And who is this?" Val asked looking at the sales lady - and Juls' mind went into over drive.

OH NO.

"She helps me with the clothes, she's such a sweet girl." the sales lady replied - and Juls was grateful that that was taken care of somehow. Technically, she's not lying.

"Ooooh, I didn't know that! So, you design clothes then?" Val asked, with those sparkling eyes of hers. Juliana nodded, quickly making up an answer.

"Uh yeah - A little bit, for now it's just the basics." Juls replied, quite delighted seeing the pride in Val's face.

"Well, I just spotted you from the car, and I thought we could have a cup of coffee - if it's not a problem." Val asked in a single breath, pleading with her eyes.