Twenty Five

"Ms

"Ms. Yates?"

"Yes, sorry, I'm listening." Omisha turned away from the large window to face her assistant.

It had been nearly five years since she'd moved across the country. Although she retained over 50 million in her account, she decided to downsize her living and focus on being a help to others. In an attempt to right her wrongs, she opened multiple nonprofit shelters equipped with services to help individuals become self sufficient.

She'd officially changed her name to Diane Yates just recently on her 34th birthday- accompanied with a new haircut and color. The change was the final step she needed to achieve her goal of normalcy, yet she found herself unable to fully take to the name.

"I said we had another big turn over this month, so we could begin opening the shelters 24/7. Of course we'd have to increase security, but I talked with finance and they said it's well within budget." Loraine had been her assistant for the last two years and a big portion of why Omisha was able to keep the shelters afloat.

"That's fine. Make sure to proportionally increase pay as well. I'll talk with Sam about getting a grant for the new beds." Loraine nodded as she quickly typed out Omisha's words in her iPad- the woman wouldn't be caught dead without it.

"Also, Oliver has called you again for the tenth time today. I asked if wanted to leave a message but each time he refused." Loraine rolled her eyes at the mention of Oliver. Part of Omisha wondered if he called so much to get a chance to talk to Loraine. The pair would be a cute match had they not been more than 1,300 miles away from one another.

"Did you tell him I don't want to be bothered today?" Omisha plopped down in the arm chair next to her. Since she'd bought the home, the small study upstairs had been her favorite room. With large open windows and a view of the busy street, she quickly installed cozy furniture, rugs, and a spot for reading.

"Yes! The imbecile keeps calling anyways!" Loraine pushed her hair behind her ear after the small outburst. Omisha giggled at the woman's frustration.

"Maybe he just wants to talk to you." Omisha rose an eyebrow in suggestion causing Loraine to scrunch her face in disgust.

"Well he can keep dreaming." Although Loraine was absolutely gorgeous, she definitely wasn't out of Oliver's league. Omisha could see the height difference being an issue though. Loraine stood at a stunning 5'11 with legs for days while Oliver had just cleared 5'8 this year.

"I'll call him and see what's up. Thank you." Omisha dismissed before turning back to the window. Rain drops raced each other to the bottom and there were occasional booms of thunder. Pulling her phone from her sweats, she blew out a breath before pressing the contact.

"Diane!" Oliver smiled brightly through the screen. It seemed he'd taken to her name change even better than she had.

"Why are you annoying my assistant today?" Omisha smiled back at him. Her eyes took in the warehouse setting behind him, but kept her mouth closed. She knew what that meant.