Fifty Four

Omisha blew out a harsh breath, one of her hands gripping her aching shoulder as she leaned over the sink. Although her wounds were 90% healed, they still produced aches deep within her muscles whenever she worked for long periods of time.

"Need some help?" William's voice shocked her from her hunched position.

"No, no I got it. Thanks." Turning back to the sink, she finished washing the last of the dishes from the day. Winston had begun spending more and more time in the streets so Omisha was left under the watch of William and Dean.

Both of the men had managed to get plenty of time off at work to fully devote to staying with her. It helped to know there were two more able bodied people there to protect her. Omisha was used to protecting everyone else.

"You sure?" He stood next to her, his arms folded across his chest, gazing into the soapy water.

"Yeah, I'm almost done plus the movement helps with my healing." Without another word he began rinsing and drying the cleaned dishes. She couldn't keep the smile off her face at the gesture.

"Look at the two ladies doing chores." Dean called as he enetered the kitchen a beer clutched in his left hand. There were few moments you'd see him without some form of alcohol in his hand.

"Har har har, fuck off." William grumbled as he finished the dishes. Omisha drained the water and washed the sink out, her head ducked as she giggled at their bickering.

"Anyways! I came in here to tell you to go get dressed." Dean pointed a finger at her. Her mind raced with why he'd be asking her to get dressed and her eyebrows spoke to those thoughts as they furrowed.

"Why?"

"Because we're going out. No more questions get up there," his voice rose and Omisha quickly shot him a warning with her eyes, "please?"

"This is so stupid. You guys are going to ruin my outfit for whatever stupid surprise you planned." Omisha huffed as she stumbled over wet blades of grass and mushy dirt. Her heels sunk with each step but she powered on, her hands holding onto William for dear life.

"Maybe if you weren't wearing those stripper heels, it'd be easier to walk." Dean gave his two cents before instructing her to make a left once they'd hit concrete.

"They're hardly stilettos. Maybe you guys should save up some more so that I don't have to track through the forest." A change in the click of her heels let her know they were no longer walking on concrete.

"Alright, alright, shut up and take off your blindfold." Omisha came to a stop, her hand unconsciously coming up to pull her braid back onto her shoulder. Once she got settled she slowly slid the fabric from her eyes. Bright lights caused her to close them back before cracking them back open. The air in her chest left at the sight before her.

Winston stood in front of a table covered with a white table cover, slim black chairs, and a lilac floral display. They were standing at the top of a drop off that overlooked the twinkling lights of the city. It made sense why they'd been driving for so long now.

Omisha covered her mouth as tears prickled her eyes. Winston met her halfway to the table, a megawatt smile on his face.

"Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it. It's beautiful." Her eyes stared out in wonder as she watched the bustling city below them. Stepping into his arms, she took a deep breath of his cologne and pulled him tight.

"I'm glad you like it. Come on." He led them to the table where they sat across from one another. A number of small lights lining the floor around them lit the space so that they could see one another. Omisha blushed under his gaze as she settled herself at the spot.

"Winston, this is beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. It's so beautiful. Thank you so much." Reaching across, she took his hand in hers.

"There's nothing I won't do to make you happy. You deserve this and more. I love you, Omisha." An earnest look of contentment settled on his face as he stroked the back of her hand. A warmth filled her at the confession and she once more fought back tears.

"I love you too."

"Will you two quit fucking around and get out of here?" Winston grumbled as William and Dean ran in the grass surrounding them. They had been the ones serving she and Winston food during their date.

"Oh? I see we're no longer desirable to you now that you've used us." Dean placed his hand on his chest in faux hurt.

"That's exactly what I'm saying so get the fuck outta here." She laughed as the two grumbled some more as they retreated back towards the car. They'd already had dinner, dessert, and plenty of wine.

"They're something else." Shaking her head, she reached up to finish off the wine in her glass.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were dropped on their heads numerous times." He grumbled as he poured her another glass.

"Winston!" The exclamation was riddled with laughter and she smacked her hand to her mouth to keep from fully laughing. He simply shrugged, a shameless chuckle filling in for her own.

"I'm only speaking the truth." Taking a sip to hide her smile, she shook her head lightly.

"God don't like ugly." The phrase was one she'd been saying more often when she knew she was keeping herself from laughing at something.

"Well, you're damn sure one of his favorites then." Winston sobered up the moment with the sentimental phrase.

"You better stop it before you get it tonight." She boldly spoke as she leaned over the table. Immediately his eyes fell from her eyes to her lips then her chest.

"Don't start something you can't handle." He warned, his gaze filled with unadulterated lust. A flutter set in her stomach at the dominate demeanor and she knew she'd been stoking the fire.

"I can take it." Crossing her legs, she pushed her chest out slightly and ran her hands down her thighs. His eyes followed the movement like prey, his tongue wetting his lips before he looked up at her.

"Let's find out." Standing from the chair, he crossed the space and pulled her chair from the table before offering a hand to help her up. The excitement in her stomach fueled her body as she shot up from the chair and eagerly glued herself to his side. "But first..."

Omisha watched as he stopped walking towards the cars before pulling her along to the edge.

"You gonna throw me off?" She joked as they stood near the edge.

"Maybe." The smirk on his face caused her to roll her eyes. Although she knew he'd never hurt her, she was more than sure she could prevent herself from being pushed off.

Before she could response, the sound of shooting fireworks met her ears. There was a number of rockets that went up before exploding in vibrant displays of color. It filled her with joy to see such a display this close. Something about fireworks made them uniquely beautiful to Omisha.

Leaning into Winston's side, she cuddled into his jacket as they watched together. A few moments passed with no fireworks before lots of them shot up high into the air over them. She watched in bewilderment as they exploded to perfectly spell out a phrase.

Her heart skipped a beat and she pulled away as she watched the display disappear from the sky. The blinking of her eyes was rapid as she tried to decipher if she'd seen it correctly. Fear crept up her spine as she realized Winston had moved behind her. Moving at a zombie pace, she turned to him.

"Will you marry me, Omisha Nicole Deluna?"

———
Unedited