Seven

"How crazy it is bumping into you. I honestly thought I'd never see you again." The archangel of a man spoke with a small grin.

"You bought me that drink at the nightclub." It wasn't a question, I just spoke so I could get feeling into the rest of my limbs. I'd been staring at him far too long, he probably thought I was a nutcase.

"I did. But, you fled like you needed to beat the pumpkin home or something." He chuckled.

"Yea, I...I had a pretty crazy night last night." I breathed and slowly moved myself from his supportive arms. 

"You okay? Can I help you with anything?" He asked, his face going from relaxed to concern and causing my insides to liquify.

"No. Thanks." I said, rounding him and starting off towards my Jeep.

"Wait!" His giant hand caught my forearm and I gasped at the unexpected surge of energy radiating from him. I whirled my head around to look deep into his deep blue eyes and it was as if every memory he held, every emotion, every touch he felt, every move that he made was my own.

A vision of a dark horse emerging from the dark, murky waters of the Bayou flashed in my head. Then a woman crying, with inky black blood pouring from her eyes. A dark skinned woman wearing a white dress running from something-no, someone- chasing her through the woods came next. Lastly a silver haired woman stood at the top of a grand staircase. Her skin was cream and roses, but her lips a deep rouge-too dark to be red, but too light to be black. Through this man's memories I know her. I've experienced her powerful presence in a room and I share a certain bond with her.

I blink back the information overload and yanked my arm from the mysterious man's touch. He stared back at me in disbelief. His face was unreadable. I couldn't tell if he was stunned or intrigued.

"What the hell was that?" His full lips curved upward in the corners as he wore an almost dazed look.

"You're...I don't...Who are you?" I stammered, blinking rapidly while trying to reign in the headache that came quickly after the visions.

"Zachary." He held out his tattooed hand to me and I looked down, then back up at him.

"You shouldn't touch people without their permission." I glared at him, confused by my emotions toward him. I wasn't angry at him, just confused. But I didn't know how to express what just happened or how it made me feel.

"I'm sorry. You're right." He held his hands up innocently, though his eyes never let go of the curiosity they wore. "You're just so beautiful. I had to at least ask you out."

"I don't date." I said plainly.

"It doesn't have to be a date. We could be two new friends grabbing a bite to eat at a bar." He countered.

"Zachary, you don't want to be friends with me." I said, turning back to walk to my Jeep.

"Why?" He asked behind me.

"Because my life is intense. And I don't even know you." I opened my car door and shit it behind me.

"Get to know me." He threw back.

I jumped in my Jeep, fighting the urge to smile and pulled off; catching sight of Zachary's blue eyes in my rear view mirror.

****

I made it back to the Leveau estate a little after two. When I pushed through the front doors of the house I was met by my aunt Seraph.

"Good afternoon, niece." She beamed from the foot of the stairs where she sat with an old leather bound book. From what I could make out, it looked like a spell book. But I wasn't even sure voodoo required a spell book.