Chapter 2

You wake up with a jolt, gasping for air.

Sitting up, you internally wince. Everything fucking hurts, and your body feels like you got tossed under a 16-wheeler. It's pretty dark around you, but you can tell that you're alone.

Once you feel like you can breathe normally again, you begin to look at your surroundings. The air is kind of humid, and smells.. weird. You were... somewhere. It was hard to tell with how little light there was. Could it be night time already? Were you really knocked out for a whole day? The walls around you are crumbling and falling apart but it doesn't look like anything from Earth, and you could almost make out some sort of drawings on them. They're too worn out for you to make anything out of it, though.

You can see lush green plants growing from the cracks in the walls, and they seem strange to you. You're no expert on plant life, but you haven't seen plants that look like this ever in your life. Thick, ropey vines were streaming down the surface of the walls, and large bulbous, orange flower-like plants were blooming on them. They looked.. fleshy.

You stand up from your place on the ground, legs wobbly from their lack of use, and realize that half the reason why you feel so weird is that the gravity is heavier? You feel sluggish. You're definitely not on Earth. Fuck. This is just... great.

You take one step and groan out loud. Your leg muscles are so sore, and this is taking an immense amount of effort to not go back to curl up in a corner and pretend everything is fine. You start to feel your way around the room, hands trailing against the wall. Slowly making your way northbound, hands running over several vines and one of the flowers hiss - you quickly step away from it. Okay. The fucking flower hissed at you, no big deal.

You keep walking in the direction you were going before, and eventually, find an opening in the wall with some moonlight pouring in like a spotlight. You have to bend down to get out, nearly stumbling over the scattered, worn bricks on the ground. Once you steady yourself, you look up to see that yes, it was night time you guess? You don't see any stars, and the atmosphere is murky with a thick fog. The sky is dark and tinted a soft bright green - unlike anything you've ever seen, and a bright, orange moon. Actually.. three moons, what the hell?

Turning your head in both directions, you look around you for any immediate signs of danger. The trees around you are thick as a jungle, and you don't see an immediate pathway to how exactly you got here.

Swiping your forehead, you wince and remember your flesh wound from earlier. It feels dry, so that's good, but it also seems to be smeared down your face like someone tried wiping it off. You don't know how you feel about this, so you try not to think about it.

You eventually spot a crude footpath that looks pretty old and overgrown, like it hasn't been used in a century you think. You walk slowly along with it, body sore and not used to the gravity change - and peer around you at the plant life. Many of the trees here are tall and droopy, long leaves coming from high arches above. They're similar to palm trees but also very much not. So many large tree-like bushes that are in various shades of greens and oranges, leaves and color formation very alien to you. It's all very strange. You don't seem to see any kind of organic lifeforms around either, except for some type of gnats and other small bugs.

You keep walking along the path you found, and you spot a couple of freshly torn tree branches, so you forge ahead.

Your mind is swimming with thoughts as you slowly regain most of what happened today. A gem you've never seen before tried to kill Steven, knocked you out, and took you with her to a different planet, as.. what. A bargaining chip? She didn't outright kill you, which she could've done very easily, but didn't for some reason. You're positive you came here via warp pad, but you cannot leave alone, as you are human, and humans can't use the warp pad without at least a gem beside them.