Chapter 20(Final Chapter)

You don't know how long you're asleep, but you do know that you're the first to wake up. You're very warm, and it takes you a while to convince yourself to open your eyes.

By the time you do, you realize your face is laying half on Spinel's chest and you're unable to move without waking her, as she's got her limbs wrapped around you solidly.

It's endearing, even if this position is a little embarrassing. You're very close to her gem, both your face and your hand. It rises and falls with her even breathing, facets of her gem shining in the low light of the salt lamp.

You find your fingers drawn to it, naturally.

It's not cold to the touch, and you knew this already. You wonder if her gem has any feeling; your fingertips tracing the tip of the point of the heart - it isn't sharp at all, not that you had thought so previously.

She takes in a particularly deep breath, and you're scared she's awake, but she keeps on breathing softly, and you do not take this opportunity to remove your hand.

Her gem is probably a little bigger than the size of your open palm, you can't tell from here. You never really paid much attention to it before, even though you had many chances to. You're absentmindedly touching her gem softly, lost in thought long enough to not realize that her breathing has died down - suddenly, a hand shoots out to grab your wrist, pulling it away from the gem entirely.

"You're playing a dangerous game there, Y/N." Spinel says close to your ear, voice rough with sleep.

"U-um." You freeze, startled. Dangerous.. what? Your mind is racing with several different thoughts at once. "..are you telling me that your gem is sensitive?" You think out loud.

"I.. don't have to answer that."

"You basically just admitted to it.." You reply, and she drops your hand. It lands back onto her stomach and you don't bother to move it.

"Did not." She sighs. "It's too early for this."

"Then go back to sleep." You retort.

"No, I'm awake now thanks to your fondling." She grunts out, and you can still hear the grogginess in her voice.

"Ohhhh my god, I'm so sorry," You say, mortified. "I-I was doing it without thinking - I didn't know, I just thought 'hey, it's kinda shiny and you should touch it'," You ramble, completely horrified at this entire situation as you roll away from her entirely.

Except she doesn't let you. Somehow, within a second, she's got both of your wrists pinned with her hands on either side of your face as you're flat on your back, and she's straddling your hips.

"Okay, no, you're not running away this time." She starts, eyebrows drawn forward in frustration and her hair wildly untamed from sleep.

"This time- When have I ever- ugh, why are you on top of me?!" You try moving your wrists, stopping your voice from raising lest the rest of the house hear; harsh whisper coming out instead. You can feel your face heating up as you realize her thighs are squeezing your hips tightly, and even if you wanted to break free you couldn't.

"Stop struggling," She pins your wrists in place, despite your best efforts to rip them free. "And it's because every time I try to have these kinds of conversation something happens to prevent that, including the terrified faces you keep giving me!"

"What kinds of conversation!?" Oh lord in heaven above your heart is beating so fast you think you might keel over, if Spinel isn't sending you into an early grave. You have every feeling in your gut pointing at your bedroom door to escape, and now.