08| Engagement

Please hit that little like button and enjoy!!

***

Iris
***

I was fiddling with my deep maroon dress while looking up at the daunting path ahead of me. He wouldn't be here. Why would he be here? He's definitely here. No! C'mon Iris! Woman up, damn it!

"Why hello there good looking! You got a hot sister?" I rolled my eyes at the stupid joke that I had to hear at least once a week like clockwork.

"She's sort of married."

"Baby Woods you can't say my wife is 'sort of married'." Marty stomped and I shook my head at the idiot. Martin Vega has been attached to my sister's hip since the day they met. My entire childhood was filled with Franny draping herself over the end of my bed and going on and on about her crush who was hopelessly in love with her back. She's a loud and demanding personality and if she ended up with anyone other than Marty I would have thought the world was ending. I remember the day they came over and told us that they had gotten married while drunk and Dad shook his head and mumbled about how it happened later than he thought. He came to terms with it when we were all in high school and basically lost a bet against Mom because he thought they would wait a little longer.

There has never been a second that made me think that they weren't meant to be together. Hell, one time Franny and I were at a hair salon and Fran was talking about how she wanted to one day dye her hair a crazy color and a woman who was near us spotted the wedding ring on her finger and told her to ask for her husband's permission before doing something he wouldn't like. The second she finished that sentence Franny grabbed a clipper and shaved the side of her head. The woman sat there with a shocked face and refused to leave until Marty came to pick us up. She had a smug look on her face when Marty stopped in his tracks with his hands on his hips and Franny raised an eyebrow his way.

"You said if I shaved my head that I would look like an egg! And here you are shaving the side of your head, you cheater!"

"That's because I have the head shape for it."

"Damn, you do. Lemme touch it."

And funnily enough, I couldn't admire Marty more than after that moment. So as annoying and childish this man may seem, I do in fact love him and how happy he makes my sister.

"Thank God you're here already. That car ride was hell!"

"There she is!" Marty said before pulling Franny into his arms and dipping her. "Hot damn!" He purred and I walked away before I could hear any more of the two.

Randall
***

"Randall!" I turned quickly to the ebony-skinned man and was instantly gasping from air as I was held tightly against him.

"Hey Grandpa," I chuckled and felt a gap between our torsos before my Grandma put herself in the hug.

"Hi Halmoni," I greeted as she cuddled into me and her face was pushed into my chest.

"I missed you. Look how big you got," she mumbled.

"My turn!"

Grandpa let go at the sound of my father's mother running our way and joining the hug.

"Hi Jiddah," I smiled and saw my father's father smiling from the distance.

"I'll hug you after they're done," he chuckled, "missed you kiddo."