twenty eight. - "he dropped out of college?"

"Answer the fucking door, Luke! I saw your car in the parking lot, open up, douchebag!" 

The door to Luke's dorm opens, but I'm not met with Luke. Some guy answers the door, he looks about 19, maybe 20. His hair is dark black, and he has a piercing above his top lip. Attractive, yes. But don't focus on that, I focus on getting Luke.

"Uh, is Luke here?" I ask.

"Hemmings? No, he dropped out."  The boy says.

"What?" I ask in complete shock.

"Yeah, last week, man. Sorry."  The guy goes to close the door, but I stop him by putting my foot in the crack of the door. 

"Something else?" He asks, raising his eyebrows slightly. Not to be rude, but to be helpful.

"He dropped out of college?" I ask, even though I know I heard right.

"Yeah, he left about a week ago."

"Do you have any idea why..." I let on, hoping he would tell me his name.

"Oh, I'm Alex. And I guess I know a little bit, but not much, actually." He shrugs, "His boyfriend, Ashton, I think, came over here and they got into a big fight about Luke cheating or something and Ashton called Luke a dumbass and then it got really quiet for like a minute, and then Luke pulled Ashton out of the room. That's all I heard, sorry..."

"Michael. And thank you, that's plenty." I say, sending him a small smile and removing my foot from the crack of the door. He smiles at me, then shuts the door.

-

"Calum, please answer the door. I see your car in the drive way," I sigh into the phone as I record Calum a voicemail, "babe, please."  As I finish my sentence, the door opens, exposing Calum to me.