ミ★ 𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘺 ★彡

Summary: Henry decides to put his life on the line to save the many lives in Swellview Baby Hospital as Ray freaks out and tries to talk him out of it.

One shot takes place during and after the series finale

Contains (a few) bad words

-ˋˏ--------------------------------------

"Hey, Kid! I can't steer this thing to safety. Drex wrecked the control panels, he must've done it before we got here."

"Dang it!"

The hero and ex-sidekick got themselves in quite the predicament, they were first fighting off Drex on a blimp in order to stop him from mind-controlling all of Swellview, and said blimp was currently on its way to crashing down the city. The two, now battered and bruised, had been desperately rushing around the blimp trying their best to find a solution that doesn't involve any casualties.

"I found these parachutes though."

Ray has one of the parachutes on his back before proceeding to drop the other parachute between them stating, "Let's bounce."

Henry looked at his friend in confusion.

"We can't bounce."

"Bounce means leave, Henry."

"Yeah, like 10 years ago, but also this blimp is headed straight for a hospital full of babies." Henry points out.

"...Well, those babies had a good run."

The ex-sidekick stared at the hero in disbelief, seemingly just noticing how differently he viewed the situation.

"Dude, they're babies!"

"Well, what are we supposed to do? You got an idea how to steer this thing, I'm all ears."

Henry looked around before locking his eyes at the spear next to Ray. "I got one."

He picks up the spear as his friend watches.

"What are you doing?" Ray asked.

Henry walks towards the front of the blimp. The blond preps his strength and then uses the spear to puncture another hole in the blimp, he looks up to the brunette after doing so.

"See? One of us has to use this to steer the blimp into Mt. Swellview. It's the only way to make sure this doesn't land in the city and light the whole block on fire." The blond explains.

The hero nods at the idea but couldn't help but worry about one single hiccup, "But whoever stays on the blimp is gonna end up in a giant ball of fire."

That's when Henry gave Ray a suggestive look. Ray felt his heart drop as he connected all the dots, now it was his turn to look at his friend in disbelief. No. He's bluffing. He wouldn't dare.

"Give me the spear," Ray ordered as he reached for the sharp object.

Henry pulled the targeted object away from him "No."

"Stop messing around," Ray warned.

"You're not indestructible anymore."

"You never were!"

"I was for like two days a couple years ago."

The kid showed no plans of changing his mind.

"I am the superhero, you are the sidekick!"

"I quit, remember?"

Ray's eyes flashed with slight anger as he started getting even more and more desperate. Dammit, why is this kid so stubborn?! Henry's 17! He's too young to just end like this! He has a whole life ahead of him with friends and family waiting for him right now! He can't be the one on the blimp, I won't allow it!