four

DONALD

Monica got in the car as I opened the passenger door for her. Trying my best to be there for her and my unborn child, I wanted to just sit down and see if we was still on the same page together.

" Are you still planning on keeping it? " I asked her nervously, waiting on her to response.

" Of course. This has always been something, I've always wanted. Despite, what Charlene thinks about how I am throwing my life away. I feel like this is the right decision for me. " She explained.

" I wanted to apologize for earlier, if I made you felt like this was all your fault. " I said.

" I'm not upset. I know how it is growing up with religious parents. " She sighed.

MONICA

We had pulled up in the driveway, I started to grab my belongings, making sure I had everything with me.

" Are you going to call me later on? " He was beginning to softly give me kisses on my neck, looking into my eyes as I did the same.

" If I'm not tired. Are you forgetting that I am pregnant with your child? " I asked him.

" Well, just call whenever you wake up from your nap, okay? " I replied, waiting on me to answer him.

" Alright, love you. " I said, kissing him before I got out of the car.

🌺

Unlocking the front door, I had immediately closed and locked it. Watching him back up out of the driveway carefully, I went into the kitchen and decided to make some popcorn in the microwave. It seemed like all I ever did was think about food at this point.

Once I managed not to completely burn the popcorn up, I had turned my television to one of my most favorite shows and sat down on the couch.

" You might as well cut that off, if you haven't done of any of your homework yet. " Charlene demanded.

" Mom, I'm going to do it later on. Can I just watch this one show? " I asked.

" No, you know how I am about that. When you come in after school, you're supposed to do your homework first. Then, you can watch television or go outside with your friends. " She explained.

" Okay. But, When don't I ever do any of my work? I turn everything in on time and make all A's and B's. " I replied.

" Monica, I need you to make all A's. They're threatening to take you out of school because, you being of pregnant. " She sighed.

" What? I didn't even do anything. I don't see why I have to be the one to be expelled. " I said, rolling my eyes.

" Don't roll your eyes at me, Nikki.  I literally just got off of the phone with the principal about you. Look, I know how it is and how it is to be your age, believe it or not. You make good grades and you don't hang with the wrong crowd, I feel that you're just easy influenced. " She explained.

" I am not. " I said.

" I been told you about that and how it will lead you into trouble in the future, right? Now, you got everyone looking at me as if I didn't raise you right or let you do whatever you want when you feel like it. " She said.

I hate having this discussion with my mom. Honestly, I thought she was still out picking out dry cleaning or taking care of business. Instead, she gets on me over something that I will do later on. Instead of right now and the only ones that are questioning her parenting skills is her side of the family.

The only reason we moved from Oakland, California was because, she just had to be closer to her family. I understand my grandmother wasn't doing so well and my mother wanted to help take care of her along with the rest of her siblings. But, I could have just stayed with my biological father and then, I wouldn't have to be pregnant or trying to prove anything to anybody.

This is my body and I don't need anyone else telling me, what to do with my baby or how this and that needs to be done. I realized how it might had been wrong at the time. But, I'm the only one who has to live with it. So, she can leave me alone with " what people might think of her " excuse.

" I don't care what people think of me, mom. They don't have to live with this, I do. " I went upstairs and closed my bedroom door.

Finally starting on all of my homework, so I wouldn't make my mom anymore upset then, she already was.

🌺

" Has anyone been saying anything bad about me that you know of? " I asked.

" Aside from you being pregnant or you basically ruin relationships? " Tiffany asked.

" Yeah, that's the one. Girl, I'm about to be expelled because, I'm pregnant. Is it obvious at this point? " I replied.

" Besides, the fact that you're eating weird food combinations or how you basically complain about everything now. Then, yes it is. Especially, how your morning sickness happens basically everyday. But, you should be worried about the other rumor more than you being pregnant. " She said.

" I'm not paying her any attention. I didn't ruin anything between them when they was together. Even then, D was talking to me when they were supposedly together right in front of her. So, it wasn't a secret. " I said.

" I don't know.. I just think it is more to it, just be careful. " She said.

Please, comment, vote and share. 💖🌺