eight

MONICA

" Do you know if you're having a boy or girl yet? " Jade asked me.

" It's a boy. We both found out last month at my appointment. " I replied.

" I'm not surprised, if you was carrying a girl.. It is high and if it is low then, you're having a boy. Have you thought of any names? " Denise asked.

" No. That is the least of my problems. I'm trying to see how I am going to be able to not be held back from going to the 12th grade. " I replied.

" Just see if you can take credit recovery over the summer. You should be able to, if he is going to be taking the baby with him sometimes. " Jade said.

" My mom isn't paying for me to do credit recovery and my stepdad always brings up the fact that the reason I got pregnant was to bring attention to myself and copying what I was just seeing. " I said.

" Dang, do you know usually how long it is before you can go back to school after, he is born? " Denise asked.

" I believe it is either 6 or 8 weeks. So, I have to just try and pass everything while I can. " I explained.

💖

" Baby, I'll pay you back as soon as I figure everything out. " I kissed him.

" I don't know, Monica. You're asking for a lot of money that I am not even sure that I will get back. " He explained.

" I really don't want to repeat. I was doing really good before summer break started. " I said.

" Fine. I'll give you 300 dollars, long as you promised to move in after the baby is born. " He said.

" Why? " I asked.

" It takes me an hour to drive towards your house. The school that you're going to now is less than twenty minutes away and I would just feel better if I could see him everyday. Not just two or three days out of the week. " Donald replied.

" Okay, I'll do it. Besides, I'm tired of arguing with my parents. " I sighed.

We didn't have that long now. I was officially 18 months pregnant and couldn't wait to meet my baby boy. 🌺