nine

MONICA

I started spreading the icing on top of the toaster strudel that had just popped out of the toaster. I made sure that I had everything before locking the front door with my keys.

" Are you ready to go yet? You're about to make both of us late and it takes me at least, thirty minutes to drive to your school. " Donald asked me.

" Baby, I'm sorry. Just overslept this morning and I promise that it won't happen again. This baby doesn't like anything that I eat. " I apologized.

" You been taking your prenatal vitamins? " He inquires.

" It just makes me feel worse. I hate taking them vitamins. " I sighed.

" You have to eat first, Monica. If you take it on a empty stomach, it could be the reason why you're always throwing up. " He said.

" I know. So, did you ever get the money for me to take credit recovery over the summer? " I asked.

" Yeah. It's the least I could do since, I got you kicked out of school for being pregnant. " He laughed.

" This isn't funny. Ever since, you broke up with her. She's been spreading rumors about me. Nobody didn't even know that I was pregnant until, last month. " I said.

" I was just kidding, I'm not trying to upset you this early in the morning and I confronted Jenny about it. She told me that it was just really immature and she feels bad about it. " He told me.

" I don't even see how you was in a relationship with her. She was always being mean to everyone when we was away at summer camp. " I said.

" I did not know she was like that at the time. But, you don't have to worry about her anymore. I broke it off with her last semester. So, it could just be me, you and our baby. " He said.

" I already know you wouldn't cheat on me since, I'm going to be staying at your apartment when I have the baby. My parents already wants me out because, I gotten pregnant at sixteen and this is the perfect chance. I am tired of them. " I explained.

" Well, we don't have that long now. Only 3 months left, are you sure that you think we are ready for this type of responsibility? " He asks.

" I think it will work out in the end, my parents will eventually come around pretty soon. This is still a shock to them and I'm going to work on just graduating on time. " I said.

" Monica, They hate me and we hadn't even been together one year yet. I know it seemed as if we rushed but, I really care about you and I'm not letting them come between us. I love you. " He kissed me.

" I love you too, Baby. Don't forget to pick me up at 3:15pm. " I replied, kissing him before I got out of the car.

I had been thinking about after, the baby is born that I will finally get to be on maternity leave from waitressing. I'm not really too concerning since, my tips are usually much better before I was expecting. It's still a little scary for me since, I'm new at this..

🌺