six

SHARICE

SHARICE

" You already know how your auntie is. She will instantly go off on you, if she finds out the truth about where you really went. " Jade explained.

" She isn't going to find out. I'll just have to make up something when she asks me. " I tried to convince her.

" It's late alright, and both of us have school tomorrow. I'm going to get some rest and I hope you do the same because, our cheerleading practice will be after school tomorrow. " Jade sighed.

🌺

" Have you thought about what we talked about earlier? " Cedric asked me.

" I have. Maybe, it is best that you drive me back home. I don't want to get in trouble for staying out too late. " I replied.

" The last thing I want is for you to get in trouble. I just thought it would be a good idea for us to spend quality time together, get to know each other. " He said.

" There will be other times, baby. But, you already know how she is. I'm not even supposed to have a boyfriend, yet I'm risking everything to be even dealing with you. " I said.

" Do you have any plans this weekend? " He asked.

" Sorry, I'm stuck babysitting my baby cousins this weekend. You know how that goes. " I replied.

" Just call me, if anything changes. " He said.

" I doubt it. Goodnight. " I kissed him before getting out of the car.

💖

" I thought I made it clear that I didn't want to date anyone right now. " She said.

" He's my friend, Auntie. And what is the big deal if we was dating? Everyone else I know does it. " I asked.

" Girl, I don't care what everyone else does. I am your guardian and I promised your mother before she passed away that I will make sure to keep you out of trouble and take care of you. " She lectured.

" But, I'm 17 and you still treat me like a little kid sometimes. " I said.

" I wouldn't have to, if you would stop acting like one. Now, you can either go up to your room like I suggest you do or stay and continue to argue with me. " She said.

" I cannot stand this house. " I slammed my bedroom door hard enough to wake everyone in the house.

" Don't be slamming anything in my house! You're not going to end up pregnant, You're going to nursing school to get a good paying job. Now that is final, Missy. " She yelled loud enough that I heard her from downstairs.

" Hmph! That's what you think. " I said.

Suddenly, I don't feel as nearly upset as I did when I had that argument with my aunt. Looking back at old photos when I was a little kid, the one that caught my eye was that time when my mom had first came back from rehab.

Let me know how you like this new character? Please make sure to vote, comment and share.

Also, Jade is played by Aaliyah. 🌺