﹆ p'៹rologue 𖧧 ៸ ⁾⁾

❛ i love you ❜
❛ i wish i could in return ❜

    ONCE UPON A TIME, in a land of ancient and unknown history, lived a small village in peace and tranquillity

ONCE UPON A TIME, in a land of ancient and unknown history, lived a small village in peace and tranquillity. The land was filled with magical elements and mystical knowledge which was studied by the people, who used them for their daily lives and needs. They were hidden and protected by an enchanted barrier which made them unknown to the other lands and nations.

That village was a small and old one, a majority of the villagers were aged, yet also artistic. Their uniqueness laid on how the whole nation owned skillful hands and minds full of imagination, so various forms of artworks were made by them. As most of the people were well in years, they needed more young energy to balance the land, so with the science of magic, they managed to make a spell which could turn their artworks into living beings.

Year after year passed by and the numbers were increasing. Some of the young people born by the decendants of the people married some of the first living artworks, but after ten years, the enchanted artworks would return to their original, lifeless forms. With the offspring they made though, the land continued to increased in number and created a kingdom several decades later.

This cycle continued for centuries and the land lived in pleasant comfort and peace, completely safe and sound without needing to make contact with the nations outside the realm. This was so until one day, discontent found its way to one of the enchanted artworks who wished to venture passed the barrier and to the outside world. He was rebuked and told not to think about doing such a thing, yet his curiosity wouldn't leave him, and he set out to search for a way to break through the barrier which stood between the land and the outside lands.

At his tenth and last year of living before returning to his lifeless state, he finally found a spell which would create an opening to the outside lands, and in secret he sneaked out alone.

He came to a kingdom which settled there and entered it, meeting and getting acquainted with the citizens of the nation. They all greeted him welcomingly, inviting him to their houses cordially and making him feel at home in their country. He made many friends, becoming close with them and maintaining a bond. However, he didn't told them of his origin or where he came from, keeping it a secret as he planned to disappear from amongst them and return to his own land on his last day of life.

However, things didn't go as planned for the male. He fell in love with one of his female friends and became attached with her. He thought it was only a passing by infatuation, but as his love grew stronger and he was blinded by his feelings, he told the female everything about his home, where he came from, and what he really was when nearing the time for him to go back.

His foolish act may seem small and harmless, yet the result it brought was a catastrophe. Right on the day he was about to leave, his 'love' betrayed him and his friends caught him, locking him up and robbing him of the spell which was his key back home. They ran off to rip open the barrier and hoard the land of all its magic, leaving their foolish friend struggling and crying in tears for the nation he betrayed.