﹆ i'៹ntroducing dream (prologue pt. 2) 𖧧 ៸ ⁾⁾

TAP TAP TAP, there goes the sound of boredom as LEE JENO softly tapped his fingers unto the window, staring out to the clear meadow displayed through the window with his chin resting on his palm, his eyes fluttering sleepily. The hot noon daylight was causing him to get drowsy as the classroom was left without a supervisor. The teachers were on a meeting at the moment, and it seemed as though they'll be taking a considerable long time to do so.

  Being the only one who wasn't made from the artistic materials that had been used by their ancestors throughout the years, Jeno didn't mixed in well with the others, resulting him to be a rather lonesome one. Although the Modern District was his home, no matter what, a majority of any place in Terrartem will be occupied by the artworks rather than artificial humans like himself, those who can only be made one certain man in all of the land.

   Centuries had passed since the harmony between humans and artworks was broken. The creators that time sacrificed their lives for their creations, sending them to run off to the distant mountains and save themselves, leaving the creators to fight off the fellow humans from finding their magical artworks. The ancient writings tell of how much of a tragedy it was to watch their creators slain and their home burnt down, many tears were shed from the lonesome mountains as the gruesome end of it all proceed.

   After watching both their creators and home ruthlessly destroyed, the ancient artworks managed to rebuilt the enchanted barrier and hide themselves once again from the world, this time with a deathly fear of the humans. With no creators in the land, they managed to apply a spell on the land which lengthened their life span, resulting them now to be able to go on until their eighties. However, that would mean that their endurance outside the land will decrease drastically.

   Even so, they didn't mind, for not one of the living artworks, both then and now, wanted to even think about leaving Terrartem, their dear homeland. With the newly discovered spell, they remade their history and prospered, continuing their ancient traditions from generation to generation, living the old fashioned life.

   That was so until about thirty years ago when a new lifestyle was introduced.

   The arrival of Nobert Park got the whole land staggering in fear. The portal made by the betrayer (known as Pinnochio in the Terrartem) couldn't be shut down or concealed without someone dying soon after, that due to their magic being fragile towards its contact with the outside world, so all they could do was make sure no one goes in or out of it. Somehow, Nobert stumbled onto this opening and slipped into the hidden world. Fear swept over the land when news of Nobert reached out throughout the nation, and everyone was sure that it would be the end of Terrartem.

   But Nobert, in awe of the magical wonders he found in the land, wanted to become part of it all and to gain the trust of the citizens. He succeeded upon doing so, that by introducing them to the modern technology which was developed in the outside world. At first they thought that the new devices introduced were to slaughter them all, but after gradually starting to realize the efficiency of the technology brought by Nobert, their trust was granted to him over the years.

   Nobert, although occasionally returning to the outside world through the portal which only he could go through, made Terrartem his home. He made his experiments there, soon putting up together several artificial human figures. The town given to him to live in soon became a city of developed technology, soon known as the Modern District. There was gathered the most advanced technology known, and where the fifty of Nobert's self-made robots live and roam about, one of latest of them being Jeno.