Interlude - Anniversary (T)

12.3k, warnings: fluff fest, implied sugar daddy kink, half-naked smut

summary: Tom takes you somewhere special for your first anniversary together.

June

Tom doesn't believe in coincidences. He believes in chances and taking them.

The moment he realized that his first anniversary with you would be the first Saturday after your exams were over and that he would be home in between press events, he knew what he had to do.

It's been a long time since he had a first anniversary with a girlfriend, so this is definitely worth celebrating. The fact that he's not hopeless, that he can hold you up through most of your struggles, that you can be with him for however long fate allows. That thought alone makes him want to do something special that day, just you and him, and this is perfect.

Even the weather seems to agree with him. Itʼs sunny and warmer than usual, though the ideas keep pouring into his brain like snowflakes. It helps that he has a couple of free days in London before this major event in his life and that you're busy with university, so he has plenty of time to do research and make plans worthy of a princess.

You call him after your last exam to tell him how it went, speaking of relief and the expectation of the result, and you say that you're going to crash into bed with hopes of only waking up tomorrow. Tom listens to you, offers as much advice as his little experience allows, and wraps up, saying, "I'll see you in the morning."

"Perfect," he mumbles to himself after you hang up, opening his messaging app.

He takes to arranging everything for the next morning with one of your roommates and they're incredibly sweet in agreeing to wake up early for his plan. He doesn't dare to knock on your door that early, thinking it might wake you up before he needs you to, so he texts Dylan and they let him in. Basket in hand, he steps inside with his mind set on marching to the kitchen.

He brought as much as he could carry for a proper princessʼs breakfast. He has two varieties of fruit for a smoothie. He has eggs and a muffin tin so he can prepare them in your oven. And he has a batch of pancakes and hash browns freshly baked by his brother Sam — who had to be immensely bribed, but Tom knows his weaknesses.

Still, he would do it all over again only to see the astounded look on your face as soon as you walk into the kitchen.

"What the fuck?"

"Good morning," Tom greets cheerfully, tapping the bulb icon in the oven to turn on the light so he can check on the eggs. It seems like he has a minute or two before they have to be served. He taps the button again and turns to you. "Happy anniversary."

"Morning," you say, muffling a yawn by clenching your jaw. Tom grins and reels you into his arms to drop a soft kiss on your chin, then on your nose, before he finally aligns your mouths for the sweetest morning greeting he's ever had.

"Dylan let me in," he clarifies before you even ask, going back to the counter where he's almost finished with the decorations on your smoothie glass.

"And what's this?" you still ask, browsing the contents on the table with both hands on the back of a chair.

Tom has set everything up perfectly, your favorite bowl on top of your favorite plate over your favorite placemat in front of what he thinks is your usual seat at the table. There are a couple of sunny yellow daisies in your favorite mug, which you won't be using today since there's no tea or coffee on the breakfast menu. And placed carefully against it, lies an envelope.