Nine - Facial (Y) *

13k, warnings: fluff; potential second-hand embarrassment; smut: handjob, oral (m receiving)

summary: that morning after bliss hits you hard.

The next morning – Late November

Your toes wiggle at the touch of cold on the soles of your feet when you walk into the bathroom the next morning. A shiver runs up your arms, straight into the soft spot between your shoulder blades. You reach out with your hand to the double switch on the wall, choosing to flick only one to turn on the mirror light instead of the ceiling lamp.

Behind you, illuminated by the scarce glow, Tom is sound asleep in bed. His face turned to you, body half stretched under the duvet. The angle reminding you of how you were spooning behind him only a minute ago.

Your heartbeat flutters at the sight. It seems impossible, a silly literary expression reserved for hopeless romantics, but the truth is that your chest feels too small for your heart. For all the love you have for him. Tom is the only one who has ever brought quietness to your mind, who has helped you see the good side of everything.

When you move to stand in front of the mirror and turn your gaze to your reflection, it reminds you of the anger you had in your eyes just a few hours ago. Of the moment you failed to see the good side of him.

Flickers of last night start brushing through your mind, sepia memories from this same spot. The tension in your knuckles around the cotton pads as you seethed over this mysterious girl from the club and her unknown past with Tom. Your reluctance to speak to him when he first appeared in the doorway. Tom tugging on his ears as he started telling you about what had happened. His shoulders slumping down with each wavered word. His hands briefly fidgeting with his watch when he finished talking and the way they twitched as if he wanted to reach out to you.

Then it dawns on you what really happened after that. How much your relationship with him grew.

On the one hand, during that long talk the two of you had, so many things were shared and discussed, and so much of your being and Tom's soul was exposed in the process. It helped soothe the sting of the shock, the anger, the nagging hurt that you'd felt. In hindsight, it seems like a new world. Like you've reached the unreachable. A whole new dimension in this special bond that unites the two of you.

You feel as though you know him so much better thanks to the insight you got into him. You settled questions you didn't even know you had and lightened your heart of what you'd been longing to share. There were still hints of jealousy and hurt you needed to resolve with yourself later, but for now your focus was on Tom. On how you can be better together.

You're holding a little star with his name in your hand, and you're going to treasure it. You're going to cradle it close to your chest, add its glow and its worth to the little box in your heart that's wrapped with his name, and let it grow.

On the other hand, you feel giddy and happy. Strangely fulfilled. A small, uncomfortable twinge on the inside of your thighs reminds you of what happened afterwards.

Of how you finally let go and Tom caught you with open arms.

The images shift to full color as you go around your business, unable to stop a sated smile when you catch your own eyes in the mirror. You bite your tongue when you get ready to pee and realize you're only wearing a pair of knickers. Nipples hardened at the touch of the air or perhaps at the memory of Tom lying between your legs and rising to your chest. Him rubbing the sides of his head on your tummy, once or twice the prickle of his hair made you shiver and recoil, shaking at the never felt stimulation.