Chapter: 4 The are spies and There are red, team

Central Intelligence Agency

Song You and me&world war three by Gavin Friday

Nandika pov

Agent Nandika Charles was summoned to the eleventh floor of Director Hamilton's office. She walked down the corridor to the elevator. She pushed the button and waited. Unlike the agents, she was part of the CIA's Red Cell out-of-the-box think tank. It was her job to pose as a threat to find the threat in anyone's defenses.

Her profession was known in different circles as red-teaming, penetrating tests, or security audits. She is good at it, so it made her wonder why the chief of the CIA would summon her to the office. Three seconds after the doors opened, she walked in. Right now, she was worried she hadn't heard back from David yet. Which got her worried.

The doors slid open as she strolled out, walking down the corridor to the director's office. It had to be important, she thought as she made her way over to the office and strolled in, seeing the chief of the CIA, Laurette Hamilton, behind the desk.

"Have a seat, Agent Charles," Director Hamilton stated

Nadika walked over to one of the chairs in front of the massive wooden desk. She looked around, seeing pictures hung on the walls of former CIA directors.

"Director Hamilton, what is this about?" agent Nandika asked.

Director Hamilton slid a file from the desk to Nandika Charles; she picked it up and opened it studying very closely. She froze when she looked at the photograph.

 Top secret is for your eyes only

Name: Azalea Elizabeth Grey

Age: Mid-forties

Operational Status: She was an assassin for a Military black ops unit code-named The Shadows and now is working for the highest bidder our intelligence suggests, a cyberterrorist and arms merchant named Triple-A7

Background: She was an orphan when she was recruited out of the orphan's home by a foreign agent only known as Rogue and a shadowy CIA handler. After that, she went to work for the Shadows.

"It can't be the last time I went after her; it was three years ago when She was in Gibraltar to retrieve a briefcase of money from  a North Korean general there," Agent Nandika stated

"No one has ever gotten close to Triple-A7 in years. It wasn't until we discovered that an agent who had gone rogue on us, Rose Scorpio, was under surveillance that we somehow lost her. She might be our only chance to get close to Triple-A7," Director Hamilton remarked.

Agent Nandika closed the file and slid back across the desk, saying, " Who was this foreign agent that was only rogue?"

"Her name was Ally Ruyan; she ran and owned her network of assassins, the White Nights. The Alpha team has been trying to bring her down for a long time. The last time she surfaced was in Rome, where she was blackmailing the Sovereign Military of the Order of Malta to become the new Grand Master and was hired by Victor Kenton to assassinate the Raptor, which she did," Director Hamilton replied.

Nandika got up from where she sat, walking back and forth, trying to figure out how she was going to recruit Ruyan. But what was interesting was that both Ruyan and Azalea were orphans; maybe there was some connection. She didn't know? What she did know was that if she were a mole, it would certainly explain how certain operations had blown.

She was mid-forties with dirty blonde hair wearing a black brose in a greenish jacket that was half-open. On her pants was the Kydex hip holster that held her Sig SauerP320- X CARRY. After 9/11 she had been recruited to the Red cell program at the CIA.

She wasn't surprised to see that they recruited a lot of famous authors to help them come up with ways to test the vulnerabilities of the United States to prevent it. Not many people knew about it which was good.

"Maybe we can recruit Ruyan as an asset and use her to get close to Azalea and Triple-A7," Nadika said, thinking about the options that they had.

"You want to recruit one of the most ruthless and brutal foreign agents and assassins to work for us; that could backfire, as you know. Have you ever heard of Operation Rasputin or Dagger Slip?" Director Hamilton remarked as she rose from the desk where she was sitting

"Yes, I heard about Operation Rasputin; it was a GRU rogue sleeper cell created and trained by one Roald Popov, an ex-KGB and GRU agent, I believe," Nadika replied and continued, " I believe his daughter is an agent for the CIA."

Director Hamilton was impressed that Nandika had heard about that operation, but it showed that this agent had instincts and guts which was always in their line of work. When she was trained a CIA agent at Camp Perry there was saying that the instructor had told them.

"Look for things that aren't there. If we make up our minds too early, we shut ourselves off to possible answers"

Even if they could recruit Ruyan there was no chance that it might  work. All the intel they had suggested that her safe house in Rome was guarded by heavily armed Russian security agents probably former KGB and GRU agents or even mercarnies.

One thing that she had learned in the intel community that nothing was certain. It was just smoke mirrors and if you survived long enough you were a legend. There agents like that she knew one was the team leader of the Alpha team Lex Jackson who had put together a team of talented agents who could do anything.

"Look I know it's risky but that's why I'm part of the Red team cause we think out of the box, maybe I can convince her to betray her country or something bribe with some money" Nandika replied.

"I would check out the Orphan home in St Petersburg, to see what else you find out Azaela Elizabeth Grey first, if this a connection to Ruyan but be careful there," Director Hamilton told her.

"What do we know about the orphan home so far is it been by the FSB or by Triple-A7 agents," Nandika asked

"Not a lot but if Ruyan recruited Azalea out of the orphan there has to be the reason for it just thread carefully there may be forces at play that don't want us to find out anything," Director Hamilton told her walking back her massive wooden desk.

"What about Azalea handler from where is or he still alive," Nandika asked

"He's in Allenwood Federal Correctional Complex I'll arrange for you to see him." Director Hamilton told her.

Nandika knew about Allenwood Federal Correction Complex which was where Robert Hansen and Aldrich Ames two of the worst traitors in the intel community were. Whatever this handler did or done had gotten him there. Which made her more curious to find out why and what?

From what she knew and heard about the Shadows was that they were lethal military black ops unit that had pocketed some kickbacks from Irainain President when they killed a CIA agent who was station there.

And the fiasco in Iraq when they stole Saddam Hussein's gold from his palace. So the question was, How dangerous was this handler from the shadows.

Nandika walked out of Director Hamilton office on the eleventh floor as she made way her over to the elevator. She wondered what happened to the gold. She pushed the button and waited. A few seconds later the doors opened she stepped in.

Maybe this handler would shed light on certain things that she needed answers for. Like whatever happened to the gold and how was he connected to Ruyan? Most importantly Why they did recruit Azalea from the orphan home?