Chapter 24: Back into the shadows

St Petersburg, Russia

Rose pov:

Rose listening carefully to what Triple-A7, and Grey were talking about. This wasn't good at all, she thought, she had taken measures to assure that her cover was solid; that was no way could they could find out who she really was? As an orphan always on the run she had trained herself in weapons; going to the shooting range.  But it wasn't until one night when she had fight to protect herself. She shot a Russian official in the head with a double tap after she tried night when she had fight to protect herself. She shot a Russian official after he tried to make her sell herself on the streets

Those primal instincts had kept her alive all those years until she had being recruited by the KGB and became an assassin for the White Nights before she took over them. She knew that once she had given that encrypted disc to President Roberts that she had her in pockets, but she never expected to be working for President Roberts; that was the truth.

After a while, Rose ventured causally over to them where they were talking, she knew that she had to be careful with what she said now. Luckily she had dispatched one of the assassins from the Resistance to snatch her file from the orphan home, just in case someone came looking for her.

"I thought I Proved you that you could trust me. When I my asset inside the CIA, get you the classified information on Lex Jackson and the Alpha Team," Rose exclaimed.

"Rose, Yes your asset did for good us. But there's one thing you have to prove that your not working for the CIA, we want you to terminate President Putin in Washington, DC. If you handle that then we Know that we can trust you completely understand," Triple-A7 remarked.

Rose reached into her stealth on her pants,as she withdrew  her Cold Steele two -handed Katana Machete, and one with her left hand  throw right as it flew in the air as it  slashed Azalea on the middle of her hand. Rose walked over to her and pulled  out  the blade; wiping the blood on her sleeve

"trust me President Putin won't either  see it," Rose snarled

There was a slight pause before, Azalea spoke.

"Yes you have Rose, but just remember if you miss your target I will be there to finish it, and even maybe you put in the ground," Azalea remarked.

"Azalea, you can try to eliminate me if I miss President Putin, but I won't I promise you and you'll better your back understand," Rose snarled.

What Azalea, didn't know the different between having people terminated and squeezing the trigger yourself. She had ordered people to be killed to get power and keep it. Assassins loyalties always changed they could never be trusted, and that she knew from experience. So in  many way yes, she was indeed an assassin at heart.  

 She had a strange feeling that Rose wasn't who she really was? There was something about her ? The way that she had thrown the blade straight at her of , but that wasn't it? No there was something in her eyes. Where she had seen it before? Azalea wondered what happened to Rogue, and if indeed that was Rose Rogue? There was only to find out she had to know.

"Do we know, anything on White Nights, I mean there must still element of them in the GRU or in the Kremlin for all we know?" Azaelea asked.

"Azalea I will contact one of my assets inside the GRU to see what I can find out about the White Nights and Rogue," Triple-A7 remarked.

"I have a strange feeling that we were seeing  what Rogue was capable of or Rose doesn't that make sense to you?" Azalea asked,

"None of my assets know anything about Rogue, It was like she was a legend or doesn't exist. But if you're right, we have one of the most assassins working for us, which benefits, great doubt that she never work for the CIA," Triple-A7 remarked.

Rose knew once that they saw her skills, they would eventually figure out who she was, She didn't need that not right now. She all about Triple-A7, and how dangerous, he was which not a a big problem for her if she got found. She didn't trust Azalea one bit for sure, it didn't matter if was she was assassin there was just something about her that didn't seem right. So she would have out smart the Resistance for good.

The thoughts swirled around in his mind on her. Triple-A7 wanted the White Nights for of course he wanted to expand the Resistance;  and if the network of assassins at his command no one would stay in his mind way. He had taken care of the last loose end that was Martin Ray. All that left was this snoopy CIA agent trying to revenge for his brother.

That would come in time, right now he was more concerned about planning the assassination of President Putin; Plus making sure that there were no loose ends left. His clients demanded the very best from him, after all he the people sold arms to were way more powerful and dangerous then he ever could be.

1001  words in  chapter