Chapter 19:Once you lived inside -out world of espionage you never shed it

St Petersburg, Russia

Nandika pov

Nandika walked over to Mazda, Her Sig still clutched in her hand. She carefully surveyed the surroundings around her. Still, she couldn't believe that Triple-A7 used to be on the CIA payroll; she guessed it made, after all that way they knew which; countries were rogue, and a threat to them. She slipped her Sig Sauer back into her shoulder holster. Grabbing the door, she climbed in and closed it.

She glanced back out the window, one more time at the abandoned orphan home. She was close to finding out why Azalea, and her handler, wanted to recruit Ruyan from; an orphan home. She was getting a strange feeling that this so-called Resistance maybe was behind; the assassin that snatched the file, and the attempt made on her

Nandika drove through the city, the traffic at hour was not as busy; which was good? She glanced out the window, at some old imperial building.After driving down some streets, she finally arrived at the Russtech Ammunition Corporation. Seeing all the Russian mercenaries on the ground. 

Shit, she thought it had to Lex who else could it be?

She parked a couple of streets down getting out of her Mazda and closed the door behind her. Nandika stalked down the street, as she withdrew her Sig gripped in her hand, making her over to the entrance of the Russtech corporation. Grabbing the door with her other free hand, she pulled it open and entered. 

Nandika ventured down the dim-lit corridor spotting Lex at the elevator. She knew that it was going to be hard to tell him to tell that there was more to this op then he knew. In a way she had known about David when his book had gotten a review by the CIA Redacting department.

"Lex, Stop right there we need to talk, I'm Agent Nidika Charles from The CIA Red team," Nidika exclaimed.

"Yes I Know about the Red team agent Charles but They killed my brother they will  pay for what they did,"I exclaimed.

"I'm sure Director Hamilton told you that there was more to this op than your brother's death, Lex. I understand how you feel but this is bigger than David," Nandika replied.

"I Know that President Roberts and President Putin are entering a historic treaty that's all agent Charles, I promise you they will pay for it," I stated.

"No, You don't understand I Know Resistance contracted Grey to terminate David..Listen I shouldn't be telling you this but need you know..We want to recruit Ruyan as an asset for the CIA; she can get us close to the Resistance," Nidika exclaimed.

'You're telling me that the CIA wants to recruit Ruyan as an asset that will be your biggest mistake ever you know she can't be trusted; she had ordered one of her assassins to terminate Popov;plus she almost assassinated President Roberts," I remarked.

The door slide opened as I walked in  and so did Nidika. I knew that she was going to give up; she was determined to stop from getting revenge for David's death. Knowing that she was right

What were my choices here? Slipping my Glock into my hip holster; thinking over my options of what to do. My instincts were telling me that she was there more to it then she was telling me.

"Lex, I know all about operation Rasputin. I read the redacted file and I know what she is capable of doing, trust me; if it comes  to that I have to terminate her I will," Nidika told me.

"You, have no idea who you're dealing with she will manipulate you to get what she wants and then have you killed,"I told her.

The elevator doors opened on the ninth floor, I moved quickly out withdrawing my suppressed Glock gripped in my hands, scanning the corridor looking for any signs of ambush. Nidika strolled out with Sig clutched in her grip, her eyes darts backing and forth. So far it looked okay I could tell. But the unknown was what bothered me about this place.

"That won't happen trust me I'm good at what I do,"Nidika remarked

She walked down the corridor turning the corner coming to what abandoned a abandon room that looked liked a weapons vault probably where kept the weapons and rounds they hadcreated here. Whatever Director Hamilton wanted to find here she knew that it must be vital?

I ventured into the abandoned room surveying the surroundings inside. It looked like this was where this where created those 60 caliber rounds I found at the shooting range in Scottsdale. from I knew what Russtech Ammunition she was their weaponry specialist which it explained a lot.

"Lex, if you know something you should tell me," Nidika asked.

"Grey, works for the Russtech Ammunition as their weapons specialist. I'm guessing that picture of the sniper is also connected," I told Nidika

Nidika studied the room looking anything out of place that could lead her to maybe where the Resistance was operating from. So far all she could see was the weapon vault. She wished that Lex didn't kill all those Russian mercenariesshe could have interrogated them to see what they know about Triple-A7 .