A spark of something new

"Well then, Eira, I hereby announce you as the fifth knight of Gwyn". The woman was sat on her knees, hands in her lap as her captain tapped each of her shoulders with a blade, and then her head.

She smiled. She felt truly honoured. Standing, she bowed to her captain. "Thank you, sir. I will not let you down.". Ornstein reached out, gripping her shoulder. "Please, call me Ornstein. We are equals now." His sharp features softened briefly, revealing a rare smile.

And from then on, she was smitten. Her companions all knew it, too.

"Hello, Eira. Do you fair well?", spoke the gentle voice of the Lord's blade. Eira smiled, though her eyes held a distraction. "I do. I hope you do also.", she lifted her cup, taking a gulp of the liquid as her surroundings within the grand hall were drowned out, eyes focused solely on one being.

Ciaran smirked, eyes meeting Artorias who raised his eyebrows playfully. "Ah, hello, Eira. I believe I have soiled my trousers". Eira nodded, head resting into her palm. "Yeah, I'm fine, thanks.", she muttered absentmindedly, completely ignoring his obvious bait and speaking random words.

Ciaran held a hand to her mouth to stifle a laugh, and Eira finally tore her eyes from her captain. "Huh? What's so funny, Ciaran?". Ciaran smiled knowingly, eating pieces of her food elegantly. Artorias rested a hand on his friends shoulder, and Eira turned to meet his kind eyes. "Why dont you go talk to him?", he smiled.

Eira sighed. She shook her head, turning back to her food. "Why would I need to do that? He is my captain, nothing more."

Artorias raised his eyebrows once more, but let the matter settle. Gough, who had been listening, did not relent. He waved a hand, his boisterous voice reaching all rooms of the hall. " My sincerest apologies, Lord, but could I borrow my captain for a moment?" He grinned a charming smile. Gwyns oldest merely laughed and nodded, nudging his best knight in their direction.

Ornsteins cool gaze met the table of his companions, eyebrows raised. Eiras belly flopped nervously as the captain made his way to the table, and Gough chuckled quietly, nudging Eira. "There you go, kid. No need to thank ol' Gough."

Eira merely threw a weak glare in his direction, and glanced at Artorias for help. He merely grinned, amusement shining within his dark eyes. "Ah, captain! I believe Eira has something she wishes to discuss!"

Eira blanched. A pleading look shone in her eyes, and Artorias merely shook her shoulder playfully, grinning brightly, as though he had helped the situation.

Ornstein made his way over, red hair neatly cascading down his broad back as his piercing, green eyes gazed at Eira, oblivious to Artorias' and Gough's amusement. "Everything alright, Eira?", his smooth voice questioned. He leaned onto the back of Ciarans chair, and Eira couldn't help but stare.

His defined jaw was perfectly visible from her lower angle, his strong figure bared through his shirt. His emerald eyes shone, his presence demanding authority. She was at a loss for words.

Artorias and Gough glanced at each other, smiling. Ciaran was the only one to hold an ounce of pity for her friend. Ornsteins neutral gaze faltered, and he began to frown. "Are you quite alright?", his voice held concern, and he glanced at both Artorias and Gough for a possible answer, who then glanced at Ciaran.

Ciaran caught on swiftly. " Ah, sorry captain, Eiras feeling rather sickly. Perhaps we should all step into the fresh air for a while?". A small smile reached Ornsteins face. All 5 relished in the moments of peace they could spend together, privately. He nodded. "Of course."

All eyes landed on Eira as she swiftly stood, chair screeching across the floor. Her face flushed. "I--um--meet you out there?", she squeaked, leaving the table. Ciaran followed.

The men trailed behind the women whilst walking through the halls. Ornstein cocked his head. "Why are they whispering?". The three males watched as Eira kneeled down to whisper to Ciaran frantically, with Ciaran giggling and stiffling her laughter. Artorias hummed, "I haven't the faintest, captain. What about you, Gough?"

The giant shrugged, smiling. "Only God knows, I suppose." He chuckled. Ornstein narrowed his eyes, something odd was going on. A hand gliding across his neck and onto his shoulders pulled him from the thought. It was Artorias. "So, Captain. How do you feel about our newest addition?"

Ornstein frowned at Artorias' lack of personal space, promptly ignoring it for now. He thought. " Well, she is certainly talented with an axe. The best, even.". Gough nudged his opposite shoulder. "No, Captain, not like that. What about as a person?"

Ornstein scratched his head lightly. "Well, she's nice enough. A tad clumsy, but not an issue. When the situation calls, I could depend on her, as I can with you all."

Artorias and Gough both rolled their eyes, walking on ahead. Ornstein frowned. "Pardon? Did I say something wrong?" He followed closely.