I think I like you

The majority of the grand hall were drunk, and pleasant, upbeat music was playing to signal that a dance is ready to happen. The Firstborn made his way over to his favoured knight, intoxicated beyond belief and becoming more boisterous than Ornstein thought was possible.

He slouched beside them both with a charming grin on his face. He leaned into Ornstein. "She is mighty dashing tonight, friend. If you do not snatch her for yourself, I certainly will.", he whispered. He was playing, of course, but it was always amusing to rile his knight up. Ornstein scoffed.

Reaching out, his large hand gripped Eiras smaller one, and he rose to his feet. "I believe you were meant to accompany me? Come, let's dance.". Eiras eyes sparkled up at him in wonder and awe, he was so handsome, she thought.

They danced through the night to silly songs and old folks tales. Some dances were together, while some were a competition to see who could keep up with a difficult type of Astoran dancing.

By the end of many songs, Eira was giggling madly, an upbeat song played on drums and flutes that had many of the men pulling their partners around wildly. The song was a competition of sorts, to see which Lady could keep up with Her partner as he tugged her around in laughter.

Eiras cheeks were flushed red, eyes crinkling and mouth open into a beautiful smile as she giggled, stumbling at every turn he took. "Ornstein!", she laughed madly, tripping once more. Eventually, she was reduced to tears of laughter as she gripped his chest and stared up at him. "Please, a moment, if you would!", she could hardly breathe, and he gazed upon her with his own amusement. He couldn't help but laugh at how weak with laughter she had become.

He tugged her once more, and she all but stumbled into his arms, face against his neck as her head reached his chin. She shook with silent giggles, her tears partly smudging her make-up, but it was all the more funny to her. "Please, I will wet myself if you continue!", she chuckled, knees bending slightly.

Ornstein shivered at feeling her warm breath against his neck, but relented. He was indeed tipsy, but not at all to her extent. He gently guided her to a secluded part of the hall, and she giddily followed, swaying and sometimes tripping. Ornstein chuckled and wrapped an arm around her waist, securing her unbalanced walking. "Let us not get you injured.", he smiled.

Ciaran appeared to be in a similar state as Artorias had also been leading her gently to a quiet place. She was laughing and attempting to constantly wrap herself around him, much to his embarrassment. She was very clingy when drunk, the opposite of her sober self.

"Eira!", the Lords blade held her arms open, stumbling over to her friend. "Captain!", she hugged them both, then clung to her friend.  Artorias trudged over lazily, drink in hand. They both conversed for a mere 5 minutes, before both their eyebrows rose at the display ahead of them.

Two young knights had approached the pair, and appeared to be flirting with them. Ciaran scoffed and folded her arms coldly, causing one of the males to shrink behind her gaze. Eira merely smiled, and shook her head. "I apologise. As is my custom at such an event, if a man cannot best me in combat, I will not allow his advances."

The male gaped at her, scratching his head nervously. "That's your custom? Jeez, the women from Zena must be strong, then.". He straightened and grinned. "I must implore. What makes you think that you are stronger?"

Eira began to laugh, and held her hands up. "Alright, fine. Let's fight, then." She held her fists up with a bright smile. Ornstein and Artorias rushed over, linking arms with her as they pulled her away. "It is merely a friendly custom to study the one who wishes to court!", she explained, but they were having none of it.

Ciaran giggled and held her friends hand. "You can be such a fiesty woman, Eira. The captain will certainly enjoy your company." She wiggled her brows. Artorias bellowed a laugh, and nodded. "Indeed. He definitely likes them strong. I'm telling you, the man must have a fetish for challenge!"

Eiras face reddened while Ornstein appeared calm and cool as always. He did not bother to deny their claims. The alcohol had began to permeate his brain, and soon he felt restless. Gripping Eiras hand gently, he tugged her away from the company of their friends, and out of the grand hall.

Entering the night, all was silent other than the occasional giggle from Eira. She had one drink in her hand, and turned to rest upon a wall overlooking the city far below. Ornstein stood beside her sitting form, the wall was high, and so she was now eye level with him. He gazed at the snowy mountains.

"May I just say, that you have a beautiful voice? The song in the ceremony, I rather enjoyed it.". He saw Eira give a shy smile, twirling a lock of her silver hair. "Thank you. It is a tale from Zena."

Shifting slightly, she faced his gaze. Her eyes scanned his entire face, from his strong jaw to his high cheekbones and his hair. Her icy blue eyes lingered on his lips for a moment, a flutter erupting in her belly. Blinking, she realised that she had been staring for some time, and he had not uttered a word.

Meekly gazing up to his emerald eyes, her face became hot at learning that he was regarding her with a smouldering gaze, a fire within the forest that was his eyes. He had most definitely caught her staring.

She did not look away this time. Her breath hitched at the feeling of his large hand gripping her chin delicately, inspecting her features shamelessly. Eira bit her lip, and his piercing gaze snapped to her lips at the action. Her face flushed, her body feeling hot.

He leaned closely, lips a mere inch from hers. He inhaled slowly, and her eyes fluttered shut. "Is it wrong to want you this much?", he whispered hoarsely, lips connecting with her own passionately.

Eira gasped into the kiss, gripping a fistful of his shirt. After a moment, they parted, and he relished in the way her lips were now a darker red, her cheeks flushed and her eyes lidded.

Ornstein gripped her hands, helping her down from the wall. She gazed up into his eyes, her forehead to his chin, their hands still joined. His eyes held an unspoken question, and she knew what it was.

She nodded.

Ornstein smiled, and led her inside to his quarters. On the way, Eira stumbled clumsily, a hand stifling her laugh.

Ornstein raised a brow. "I will be forced to carry you if you continue to act like a damsel." Eira gaped, a girlish giggle escaping her throat. "That will not be necessary, I will not allow it!", she smiled.

A challenge.

Ornstein chuckled as he watched her run up the steps to the higher grounds of the castle. She was laughing, and after a while of running, she stopped to lean against a wall.

She yelped as she turned to her side, finding him to be closer than she had thought. He was fast. Backing away, she grinned. "Do not--". Eiras eyes widened as she began to fall backwards.

She did not fall. Ornsteins arms wrapped securely around her now, a strong hand hooked beneath her knees and carried her bridaly.

Eira gasped, and gazed up at him. He certainly won any tests that she had formed for him. Relaxing, she rested against his chest and relented as he walked towards his quarters.