Preparation

"Gough, let us remember to look presentable, yes?", spoke the demanding tone of the captain, though all knew he was merely caring for the giant.

A deep sigh was his reply as the giant fumbled with his black hair. "I suppose. It is a once in a millennia affair, is it not?"

At that moment, the pair glanced at Artorias, who was tying his black hair up high and elegantly. His pup, Sif, lay lazily on the couch. They had all appreciated owning a private common room to just the 5 of them.

Artorias was smiling, as always, fixing up his appearance before his dark eyes met Ornsteins. "Captain! I assume you will do Eira the courtesy of looking positively dashing tonight?"

Ornstein kept his face neutral, his hair gliding down his back, while half of it was tied into a high knot. It was a suitable hairstyle for such an event. He sat, having bored himself with constant readjustment to his figure, and patted Sif gently, who perked up sleepily.

"Silence yourself, Artorias. It is a private matter.", he bit. Gough laughed loudly, shaking his head. "You are a marvellous captain, and it is an honour to fight alongside you. But with women? I have met no man worse than you!", Goughs eyes crinkled with humour. Gough appeared to be a wise father of the group, who could easily give advice on most situations.

The captain scowled momentarily, but relented in defeat, and nodded. "I admit that I lack in that department, yes. I simply do not know how to act."

Artorias raised his brows, sitting upon the floor so Sif could remain on the couch. He stroked her lovingly. "You have bedded many women, Captain. I am surprised to hear such a proclaim from you".

Ornstein dismissed him with a wave of his hand, his Leo ring glinting from the sun's rays. His thoughtful expression returned. "That is different, Artorias. I do not wish to simply bed her, and even if that was the extent of my desires, I could not do so, for she is a highly esteemed knight of Our Lord! She is no mere woman." He threw his hands up in the air, releasing a long exhale.

Gough smiled, nodding towards Artorias. "Our captains speaks the truth, friend. Surely you know that, concerning Ciaran and the likes?" His eyes were calm, reflecting wisdom and amusement.

Artorias flushed, and sputtered somewhat. Ornstein raised both brows, staring at his friends embarrassed state. " You are fond of Ciaran?". Artorias scratched his head lightly, a nervous smile gracing his features. "I am. However, I assumed she had eyes for you."

Now it was Ornsteins turn to laugh, releasing a deep chuckle as his eyes shone brightly. "Surely you are joking? She has liked you for some time, Artorias. Are you dense?"

Gough rolled his eyes, folding his arms. "You're both dense, Captain. Now, be sure to swoon them, my dear friends. For they are knights, but do not forget that they are still women, and wish to be treated as such on rare occasion."

Artorias and Ornstein stared at him, faces blank as their minds fought to keep up with Goughs words. Realisation struck them, and they both wondered how on Earth they had been so oblivious.

Eira and Ciaran sat idly, fixing each others hair to quicken the process. Eira had braided the hair from her roots to the rope securing it, the rest of her silver hair flowing freely in a high ponytail. Pieces were pulled forward gently to frame her face, her piercings from youth now visible at the top of her ear, a symbol of growth and strength.

It was a bold hairstyle, and much different to the styles that women of Anor Londo adorned, but she liked it. She was not certain about the small shard of bone placed ornamentally in the rope securing her hair, but it reminded her of home. The bone was from her very first pet wolf, who had died during battle. She had not taken a grotesque part of him, only a simple shard to remember him.

Meanwhile, Ciaran had let her blonde hair flow freely and had gripped the hair framing her face, braiding it. She neatly clipped it behind her head, and Eira helped to place flowers within the braid. It was almost like a braided flower crown. Ciaran had travelled from the Far East, and for her, such an occasion suggested modesty and beauty, while for Eira, it would symbolise strength and beauty.

After final touch ups, the women departed their room, weapons held at their side.