Tension

The next day, Eira woke bright and early, fixing her appearance up and eating a piece of fruit before departing to the training area. She greeted the silver knights already there.

Two approached her with smiles, indicating to her weapon. "You're the new knight of Lord Gwyn, right? Would you like to spar?". His friend nudged him lightly, eyes wide. The silver knight in question gasped. "Terribly sorry, Lady. I did not mean to speak with such disrespect."

Eira nodded, hefting her large axe onto one shoulder. She dismissed his title. "Absolutely!".

The first knight held a simple silver knight sword and a shield, attempting to bash the shield at her to break her guard. Eira side stepped him easily, and he spun his sword around to make a quick attack from behind. Gripping his arm, she kicked the feet from beneath him roughly, twisting hid sword to point at his own neck.

"I hope you do not mind me saying, but your footwork needs improving.", she hoisted him up. The knight gaped at her. "But my lady, you did not even use your weapon once!"

She smiled. "I mean no offence, but i did not need to.". The knight slumped defeatedly. His friend scoffed. "No offence, Lady, but surely your skill is lacking if you can't even lift your own weapon?"

Eiras smile became a thin line, her eyes opening fully to meet his gaze. The knight shivered. "Stand by the wall. I will throw it at you."

The knight guffawed. " My Lady, that is no small battle axe to be thrown through the air. That axe is far bigger, there is no way you could throw it without it being a danger, even if you are practised!"

Eiras smile tightened. "Stand by the wall." She repeated. The knight gulped, and did so.

Eira lifted her axe, the height from ground reached her mid torso. She gripped it with both hands, reeling it back behind her head. The two knights gawked. With a shout, she ran and threw it with all her might. It flew cleanly through the air, and with a smash of rocks, lodged into the wall beside said knights head.

She smiled sweetly. "I'm certain this proof will suffice.", walking beside him, she pulled her axe from the wall.

"I hope you are not scaring my knights.", spoke a deep voice, arms crossed with a quirked brow.

Eira balanced the axe on her shoulder. "Merely proving a point is all."

The two spent time sparring, using wooden versions of their weapons against each other. Unfortunately for Ornstein, Eiras axe had a major advantage against his lance unlike most swords.

The sparring continued for well over an hour, with both of them sweating and panting. "Goodness, Eira. You certainly know how to wield an axe.". Eira smiled. "Thank you, captain. It is like an appendage to me."

The day carried on, and Ornstein sighed as his three companions came to visit. Artorias smiled. "Training, I see. Why not try something different? Hand to hand combat?". Gough laughed. "A splendid idea, Artorias! It would allow them the chance to get up close and personal with one another. To learn each others strengths and weaknesses, of course."

The implication was bold, and Ornstein watched Eiras cheeks flush. He glared at the two men. " That won't be necessary".

"But you have not assessed her on her hand to hand abilities.", Artorias spoke innocently. Ornstein groaned. He was right.

"Fine."

The sparring match began, with Ornstein studying her abilities as Eira moved to kick him to the ground. He gripped her leg, sbout to kick the other from beneath her. Eira saw this coming and swiftly wrapped the free leg around him, forcing him to the ground.

They continued for 30 minutes, deeply in concentration as they tried to best each other. The three companions had left by now, and Ornstein was ripped from his thoughts as Eira leaped onto him, pushing his upper body to the ground. They had both agreed that whoever's back touches the ground loses.

Eira grinned. She had the upper hand as she sat atop him and held his arm in an armlock. She saw him smile, and she tilted her head confused. In a flash, he had flipped them over roughly, holding Eiras wrists to the ground as he hovered above her triumphantly. "You are a mighty foe, even in training."

Her face reddened, and he stared at her oddly. Ornstein froze, his mind realising their predicament. His knees had pinned her thighs to the ground, while his arms held her wrists. She was at his mercy.

His eyes widened a fraction, and he could not help but stare at the beauty beneath him whose cheeks and lips were a pretty red. He leaned in, breath hitching as her eyes glanced to his mouth. He kissed her softly, before swiftly pulling away and onto his feet. "Forgive me", his voice was raspy and deep, and she almost melted at the smouldering gaze in his eyes. " That was inappropriate of me.", he pulled her up.

Eira reached out, gripping his face and returning the kiss. When she pulled back, his eyes were positively alight with fire, scanning her. She bit her lip and looked away, unable to hold his intense gaze. "I will see you tomorrow."

She departed with a smile, cheeks flaming red. Ornstein glanced ahead of him, a beast within him stirring for more. She had awoken it.