We Are Grounders: I

"Everyone back outside now." I hear my brother yell from within the dropship. I walk up to him and ask him what's going on. He just places a hand on my shoulder and states that we all need to prepare for the Grounders. Start filling in the landmines and whatever else we need to do to prepare. With that everyone heads outside to begin to prepare for war.

"Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves." I see Bellamy making his way towards Jasper, Raven, and I as we are setting up the land minds. "Better hope those landmines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades."

"You want to come over here and test one?" Raven sarcastically asked. I chuckled at her comment.

"Cute. I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the South field."

"Hey... I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning." Raven stated. Earlier tonight Raven and Octavia found Myles with an arrow in his chest. He said that the Grounders took Finn and Clarke, and we don't know if they took Monty.

"And I told you, nobody leaves this camp."

"I'm talking to you. We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn."

A gunshot then fired out of nowhere, making everyone on edge. I saw that Sterling was shuffling around in the guard tower and made my way towards Bellamy.

"Hey..." Bell yells, "what the hell is the matter with you."

"I'm sorry man, I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." I make my way up the tower so that I'm right behind my brother.

"We've all been on watch all day!" Bellamy grips Sterlings jacket. "That bullet was one less dead grounder."

"Bellamy stop." I state while gripping his shoulder and pushing him away from Sterling.

"Bell, you're scaring people." Octavia added.

"They should be scared!" He looks over to O, then walks down to the rest of the camp. "The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The Grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do!" I glance over to Octavia who looks back at me. I could tell that she was scared for the camp. Hell no one wants to die. I could also tell that she was scared for Lincoln. "Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive!"

"Bellamy's right." I speak up. "We should be scared because we don't know what's coming. But what we do know is how to prepare for it. As for Monty, Finn, and Clarke, let's pray they're not dead. If they are, we still need to be ready for a fight!"

"Get back to work!" Bellamy states.

"Bellamy!" I run after my brother. He ignores me and continues to walk towards his tent. I follow after and enter. "You think that by just scaring them it'll get them to work?"

"It's working isn't it?"

"That's only because I stepped in. You can't just motivate people by making them scared. You also have to give them hope that they will see this through. We don't know the fates of our friends, but knowing the Grounders we can see them as possibly using Clarke, Finn and Monty to their advantage. As leverage. Or your right. They could be dead, but I choose not to believe that my friends are gone." I huff.

"You're right. I'm sorry Demetria."

I nod, "I'm going to check on Myles, maybe I can be of some use after all."